is there a major difference between the two in sound besides the added features on the DRRI?
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
The voicing is different. A Blackfaced fender sounds different from a tweed fender. The Blues Deluxe sounds more like a 57 twin or a 57 deluxe than a blackface. The Deluxe Reverb is also a professional grade amp, while the Blues Deluxe is a budget amp.

The Blues Deluxe is also 40 watts, while the Deluxe Reverb is a 22 watter.
The Deluxe Reverb probably has better cleans, while the Blues Deluxe probably has better gain.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
The Deluxe Reverb probably has better cleans, while the Blues Deluxe probably has better gain.

This sounds like blind speculation. Go crank them both and see which one fits you better.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
ok, well i'm looking at those two for possible new amp chooses and i'm leaning towards to the blues deluxe, even though i have not played either yet...i want it mainly for jazz and i have read by many the blues deluxe also has good jazz sounds but ive heard good jazz played through a deluxe reverb so i'm kinda torn. also the blues deluxe is cheaper.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Zendrive

Quote by travd92
ok, well i'm looking at those two for possible new amp chooses and i'm leaning towards to the blues deluxe, even though i have not played either yet...i want it mainly for jazz and i have read by many the blues deluxe also has good jazz sounds but ive heard good jazz played through a deluxe reverb so i'm kinda torn. also the blues deluxe is cheaper.

Well, don't make up your mind until you've played them and several others.

If you want a budget amp with jangly cleans, try a Palomino.

If you want a professional grade amp that will make you cream every time you turn it on, try a Super Reverb. Wes Montgomery used one.

Also look into a GA-20, if you can find one.
+1 for SR's!
The reissues are kind of "blah" compared to an original, but they are still pretty good amps.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
imgoogley, you told me about the GA-20 in another thread and the super reverb and your first sentence is the truth. i need to play these amps. how much for a super reverb anybody?
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Zendrive

Quote by imgooley

If you want a professional grade amp that will make you cream every time you turn it on, try a Super Reverb. Wes Montgomery used one.

I cream every time I play my strat through my Super Reverb.

Btw, Black Keys ftw!
They are voiced differently. Plus the DRRI has 4 more tubes, including a rectifier. Have you tried them out yet?
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by imgooley
The voicing is different. A Blackfaced fender sounds different from a tweed fender. The Blues Deluxe sounds more like a 57 twin or a 57 deluxe than a blackface. The Deluxe Reverb is also a professional grade amp, while the Blues Deluxe is a budget amp.

The Blues Deluxe is also 40 watts, while the Deluxe Reverb is a 22 watter.

+1
plus the obvious differences of tube driven reverb/vibrato on the DRRI, 6V6 powertube, each channel has its own EQ. (Its two channels are more like two different amps in that there not footswitchable and can be used both at once.)
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by travd92
imgoogley, you told me about the GA-20 in another thread and the super reverb and your first sentence is the truth. i need to play these amps. how much for a super reverb anybody?

Blargh, I'm googley again?

Anyway...

A Super Reverb runs about 1300 bucks, new. GA-20's are rare. In fact, I don't thing Gibson makes them anymore. You can find them online, and I think they run under 1000 bucks.

I have read reviews that the Blues Custom, running in 15 watt mode, sounds VERY similar to a GA20. I've not played a GA-20 irl (I've seen one, once, but someone had just bought it.), but I have played the Blues Custom extensively, and it is a great amp in its own right.
Quote by imgooley
Well, don't make up your mind until you've played them and several others.

If you want a budget amp with jangly cleans, try a Palomino.

Also look into a GA-20, if you can find one.

A good suggestion on the Palo. With it EQ'd right, I get some real nice jazz tones out of my V16. I actually use it for a school jazz band, and often get compliments on my tone.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by leondb
They are voiced differently. Plus the DRRI has 4 more tubes, including a rectifier. Have you tried them out yet?
no i havent tried them yet. thats why i asked, i was pretty clueless on difference haha. but i want to try the deluxe reverb and a super reverb. i just don't want to break the bank with a new amp if i can get the same sounds out of a cheaper one. ah, so many to choose from!
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Zendrive