hey guys,
Check out my new all acoustic instrumental called "Western Colonization" on my profile,

it depics a tale of peaceful natives who encounter an instant rush of western influences, and the cultures mix to create the song.
that was kinda of the idea i had making this song, so let me know if it works for that.

so let me know what you think, constructive criticism is welcome.
thanks in advance.

and also C4c
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Ardie12
while you crit-ed me i crit-ed you, haha

:P

I was wondering, you have some bongo's going in the song, do you have access to a drum set? Maybe if you started the song out with some kind of tom pattern to show that it's the Natives and then merge the guitar and that melody and slowly drown the tom's out? Would that be a good idea?
Quote by Deezlink
:P

I was wondering, you have some bongo's going in the song, do you have access to a drum set? Maybe if you started the song out with some kind of tom pattern to show that it's the Natives and then merge the guitar and that melody and slowly drown the tom's out? Would that be a good idea?

Actually that sound is me tapping on the pickguard of my acoustic, but i do have access to an drum set but i was thinking instead of a tom maybe like an tamborine or something , but thats a great idea
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Ardie12
Actually that sound is me tapping on the pickguard of my acoustic, but i do have access to an drum set but i was thinking instead of a tom maybe like an tamborine or something , but thats a great idea

O_O

Woah, that sounds really cool.

But yes, anything to convey a more native like feeling. Maybe their in the middle of a tribal dance? :P
I really think the intro needs to make a comeback later on. The lead and percussion on that fit the theme really well. The main theme (starting at the 30 second mark) is good, only thing weak about it is the percussion is very thin sounding and ultimately detracts from the overall feel. Fatten it up or get rid of it. I like the chord progression and tone and lead. The others are right it does feel a like there's more of a western feel than a Native one (i'm Native American myself, which by no means makes me an expert. XD) but it's a really good song and a really good idea.

www.virb.com/housewithoutfurniture
Good recording quality/guitar playing etc. I really liked the concept of this piece and it seems like everything was really considered - which is rare on here
The introduction was great - probably my favourite bit of the entire composition. The guitar riff, the pull offs on the other guitar and how the perscussion drives it on - it's just great. It creates a really interesting mood or 'feeling'.

I really like the contrast in this piece - the abrupt end to your main phrase, the contrast in textures, the dynamic contrast at around the 1min mark with the intorduction of a new section. Overall, the structure was well-considered - although, I would like to hear the opening passage used more. I think you could develop more from this passage.

I have a couple of problems with it. At times the instruments seem out of synch with the tempo/each other which really detracts from the sharp ends of phrases etc. I think my main problem with this piece is with the melody. I understand that's it probably more about texture than melody but I really find the minor pentatonic stale and repetitive by the end. Maybe experiment with the dorian mode or something - that could work well.

Overall I thought you did a good job. It needs work but as an initial concept it's very good.

And thanks for the crit on my piece!
i really liked that and kind of got the native/western vibe

very well done and i like what you did with the percussion and slapping the guitar, it definitely added to the song