I have been looking fro a new guitar for the last couple of weeks, and i was wondering what guitar you guys think i should get. I play classic rock and metal.
Quote by Irishchubbs
I have been looking fro a new guitar for the last couple of weeks, and i was wondering what guitar you guys think i should get. I play classic rock and metal.

what is your price range. Also do you prefer any particular brands over others?
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by Irishchubbs
Under $500. I like epiphone, jackson, ibanez, and esp/ltd.

In that range, I would go with an Epiphone Les Paul Classic, versatile guitar to handle jazz, blues, rock, metal, the whole nine yards.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Classic-Quilt-Top?sku=518353
(personally, I love the blue! )

good luck finding your new axe!
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by Irishchubbs
Thank you, i have been looking at it, but have you ever played it?

I've played the Les Paul in Guitar Center a bunch of times, but as you can see in my sig, I've got my sights set on a Gretsch White Penguin, so I didn't really consider it.
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by Irishchubbs
I have the epiphone sg 1966 reissue, so i wouldnt want another Sg

I played an epi 60s SG reissue,it was bloody nice
I'd go with an Epiphone Les Paul because those are great. A Peavey is decent. I'd go with a Squier or a Fender Strat because that's great for any kind of music. Although finding a Fender Strat for $500 might be hard. Well Yea. xD
Your current guitar is PERFECT for rock and [lighter] metal, why do you want another one?
Quote by BGSM
Your current guitar is PERFECT for rock and [lighter] metal, why do you want another one?

cause LPs sound better

and yah, ive owned an SG (a Gibson SG Standard) and have played many LPs
Quote by nauc

This. Or the Black Beauty.
Quote by welcom2duhjungl
I'd go with an Epiphone Les Paul because those are great. A Peavey is decent. I'd go with a Squier or a Fender Strat because that's great for any kind of music. Although finding a Fender Strat for $500 might be hard. Well Yea. xD

You can get a MIM strat for a little less than $500.
what's your amp and current guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
New amp time. Roland Cube 30X or Some kind of Vox Tube amp.

\thread.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
ok, just noticed you already have an epi sg. that should be fine for classic rock, and shouldn't be too bad for metal either. your amp might be the problem, though it's debatable how much better you'll get for $500 (peavey valveking, perhaps?).
alternatively, if you just want a new guitar, i'd probably get one more aimed at metal as the sg should have classic rock more or less covered (at least the humbucker tones).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok... what type of metal do you mostly play? do you want a locking trem?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i think you're right, both of those guys use(d) their trems a lot.

I'd probably get something like an ibanez s320 or s470, or maybe the new bc rich gunslingers (i haven't tried those, though they sound good on paper (perhaps too good to be true?), and I'm not sure if they've been released yet, but obviously you should try everything before buying, if at all possible). I've heard that QC on the OFRs is getting worse than it was, but it's still probably a lot better than the floyds on most cheap metal guitars with locking trems (I could be wrong, though- and apart from those ibanezes, of course). The big problem is that, at your budget, a lot of the locking trems are terrible and will wear out pretty quickly (and that means they won't stay in tune)- you're kind of limiting yourself to the few guitars at that price which are known to have decent trems.

Ibanez S320

BC Rich Gunslinger Retro

BC Rich Gunslinger Power with EMGs

I should add that I'm not entirely sure how much those bc riches will end up costing- they may end up a bit over budget.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i hate bc rich and does any one have any expirience in playing the ibanez rg series or any ltd guitars
the big problem with ibanez rgs is that the trems are terrible until you get up to the rg1570. I'd seriously recommend not getting one unless you can stretch to the 1570 (which is quite a bit over budget), unless you're willing to go with a hardtail model (e.g. rg321 or similar). I haven't tried too many LTDs, but I suspect the problem is the same- I could be wrong, but I think they don't get original floyd roses until the 1000 series, which, again, is quite expensive. EDIT: but again, if you're willing to do without the trem, the 400 series LTDs are a bit cheaper, and are allegedly pretty nice (i don't think i've tried any 400 series ones).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 25, 2008,
LTDs are great guitars, anything with the number suffix of 400 or above are awesome.
yeah, i think that's the general consensus, except for ones with locking trems, where you have to go up to the 1000 series to get an OFR.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?