Help me turn my list of wanted amps into a single wanted amp.

I want an all-tube combo amp that works good for classic rock, blues, alternative, etc.

Here are my choices, help me decide which one. (don't recommend anything else that isn't hear please, i don't want to hear it.)

Peavey Valveking 112 50w 1X12 tube combo
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp-104003397-i1145634.gc

Crate V33-212 33w 2X12 tube combo
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-V-Series-V33-212-33W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-487056-i1372076.gc

those are the two main ones im deciding on, but these next few still remain in the picture.

Fender Hot Rod Series Blues Junior 15w 1X12 tube combo
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Hot-Rod-Series-Blues-Junior-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-481861-i1392207.gc

Crate V50-112 50w 1X12 tube combo
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-V-Series-V50-112-50W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-487054-i1322695.gc

Thank you in advance !
Fender Hot rod, but you should really take a classic 30 into consideration
Last edited by esp1234 at Jun 23, 2008,
Peavey classic 30. Check it out man. Also maybe an epi blues custom?
Because tbh, the only one that is good for the blues and classic rock is the blues junior. The crates are a bit modern voiced and the VK, well, it sort of sucks for blues. And everything, except maybe thrash.
mcro (felix) i appreciate your feedback but please stick to the posted list.

Thx

edit: allthough if enough people request that Classic 30 i will use the gas to go down to guitar center and try it out for myself
Last edited by c_man471 at Jun 23, 2008,
Quote by mcrfobtai
Peavey classic 30. Check it out man. Also maybe an epi blues custom?
Because tbh, the only one that is good for the blues and classic rock is the blues junior. The crates are a bit modern voiced and the VK, well, it sort of sucks for blues. And everything, except maybe thrash.

this. definitely check these out. however, for ur list, id say the fender or the crate amp will fit ur needs
Quote by c_man471
mcfro i appreciate your feedback but please stick to the posted list.

Thx

why? you got something against a C30? If you do, don't bring it up on UG

You'll have at least 10 UGers up your ***
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by c_man471
mcfro i appreciate your feedback but please stick to the posted list.

Thx

edit: allthough if enough people request that Classic 30 i will use the gas to go down to guitar center and try it out for myself

He does. He was trying to help by explaining what he thought about the ones you listed and gave a suggestion of something else you could check out that would fit your needs better.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by c_man471
mcro (felix) i appreciate your feedback but please stick to the posted list.

Thx

Well I did say the Blues Junior

Quote by prsrulz91
this. definitely check these out. however, for ur list, id say the fender or the crate amp will fit ur needs

See?
Quote by danyellenik
why? you got something against a C30? If you do, don't bring it up on UG

You'll have at least 10 UGers up your ***

This must be a very good amp that i overlooked on my (supposedly) thorough pruning of amps at GC. Enough people have said it that now i am definitely heading down and checking it out.

Yeah virtually everybody has said something or other about the C30 so i am inclined to just go buy it without even playing it but seriously though i am actually leaning toward that now without even playing it.
Last edited by c_man471 at Jun 23, 2008,
Fender Hot Rod, I've played the juniors and the deluxe and they sound great. The hot rod would fit your bill
out of thoses three i like the blues jr. in terms of sound but how loud do you need it to be
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
epiphone les paul custom elitist with duncans
blackheart handsome devil
peavey vyper

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by c_man471
This must be a very good amp that i overlooked on my (supposedly) thorough pruning of amps at GC. Enough people have said it that now i am definitely heading down and checking it out.

If you want, you can check a clip i have of it on my profile. Crappy playing, but you get the idea.
I listened to the clips and i gotta say, sounds hella good. felix, you do need to record that again as when i turn my speakers way up it muddy's the sound and doesn't sound good (although i know the amp sounds good becuase i listened to esp1234's whole clip where he changed channels and stuff and even though he could use some practice (jk) it sounds good)

Im going to GC after i get off work tomorrow.
Peavey Classics are great amps. Definitely give them a try.

This guy will really make you want to get one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hZ8UgsMJ-J0
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Jun 23, 2008,
^He had his volume knob backed off.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Are you willing to go used?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.