i bought a used epiphone korina flying v from guitar center awhile back and ive had this problem with fret buzz. i have tryed raising the bridge but i cant get it to stop completly. the frets only buzz on the 5 & 6 strings from around the 9 fret to the 14 or 15. should i just try to file the frets down some or wat cause its stealing the tone!!
Quote by wyldemetal1
raise the action

do this. if you don't know how to do it take it back to guitar center and have them fix it.
Quote by Hobo11
Get new strings, or better pickups?

I don't think it's the pickups.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by gnomieowns
do this. if you don't know how to do it take it back to guitar center and have them fix it.

yea just bring it in and let a tech look at it, they will fix it up and tell you the problem
GEAR
Jackson RR3 Crimson Swirl
Zoom G2
Zoom 505 II
Spider III 120W
Ovation 30th anniversary edition
Yamaha EG112
i want to raise my action as well

how do i do it?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
if raising the bridge didnt help, then measure the necks relief.

fret the Low E at the first fret, at the same time
fret the low E at the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held look at the middle frets. 7-9th

if the string lays on the fretwire there, you dont have enough bend
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, you have too much.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by kidboy
i want to raise my action as well

how do i do it?

you start a thread, and talk about your guitar type and where it's buzzing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you start a thread, and talk about your guitar type and where it's buzzing.

As much as you personally try to help the countless Fret Buzz questions virtually every day I wish there was a way to create a Sticky on it or your own thread that you could point people to. I realize each guitar type and situation is a bit different so kudos to you for your unwaivering patience and tolerance.