Im learning Altitudes and the blues solo in Eleven Blue Egyptians, anyone else learning any Jason Becker songs or awesome ass solos?
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
concerto by cacophony is a pretty mean tune that ive been practicing lateley
Quote by dagget
concerto by cacophony is a pretty mean tune that ive been practicing lateley

concerto is wicked sickk. i love the solo in D at the end. so sweet and nice. besides the main dual riff in concerto, thats all i know lol.
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Im learning black star

EDIT: crikey, i just realised its jason not yngwie., errrrmmm no sorry...
I'm also learning Altitudes. I am having trouble for some reason getting the rhythm for the bends in the beginning...What tab are you using? I'm using the powertab of it.

Unfortunately, my little baby E decided to break on me and now I have to wait for some new strings
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
I'm also learning Altitudes. I am having trouble for some reason getting the rhythm for the bends in the beginning...What tab are you using? I'm using the powertab of it.

Unfortunately, my little baby E decided to break on me and now I have to wait for some new strings

lol i hate that, when im making progress in learning something and then a string breaks ZOMG.

Im using the guitar pro tab. the beginginng is probabbly the hardest to really get right. it needs alot of time and patience. JB's vibrato is very hard to master, its so wide and sexy!

Boghead, Black Star is an yngwie song, not jason becker unles your learning his cover but then that wouldnt be a JB song
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
I know, he has a nice vibrato. The only good thing for me is I think I am not too bad at vibratos either I will agree about the beginning though, the fast parts of the intro aren't that hard for me. It is just the timing of the bends and all.

I thought about using the GP version of the tab but I didn't want to install GP just for that one song.
iv started leaning altitudes, i can do the start up to the sweeps, which i havent got up to speed yet

tried perpetual burn but saw the intro and was like
Quote by seymour_jackson
lol i hate that, when im making progress in learning something and then a string breaks ZOMG.

Im using the guitar pro tab. the beginginng is probabbly the hardest to really get right. it needs alot of time and patience. JB's vibrato is very hard to master, its so wide and sexy!

Boghead, Black Star is an yngwie song, not jason becker unles your learning his cover but then that wouldnt be a JB song

Yeah, and a lot of people seem to really neglect getting the beginning part right . One thing that really pisses me off is out of tune bends and crappy vibrato.

I've tried Altitudes and it is hard, I go back every now and then and learn a bit more little by little.

One that I really want to learn is Blue or Mabel's Fatal Fable. Oh, and the guitar duel with Friedman in Dweller in the Cellar.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
i'm learning altitudes. i pretty much have the intro to the sweeps and that awesome end part. it will probably take me another week or so to completely get down. i've been thinking about learning opus pocus or eleven blue egyptians next.
Quote by BlueAltitudes
Yeah, and a lot of people seem to really neglect getting the beginning part right . One thing that really pisses me off is out of tune bends and crappy vibrato.

I've tried Altitudes and it is hard, I go back every now and then and learn a bit more little by little.

One that I really want to learn is Blue or Mabel's Fatal Fable. Oh, and the guitar duel with Friedman in Dweller in the Cellar.

yea, i hate it when i get one bend out of key (im a perfectionist) and that intro is a PAIN. I sit down with Altitudes maybe a hour each day. the arpeggio part i have untile it goes into the G major into the A marjor arpeggio. thats part is also a very big pain to get clean.

Next JB tune for is also gonna be either Blue, Mables Fatal Fabel or Opus Pocus. Opus Pocus gets my vote for JB's most underrated song.

Next in that line of underrated songs would be Blue. Its almost as if he makes his notes cry, and he composed it with his eyes!!

Bach Beethoven Becker; The Ultimate Class of Composers
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson
yea, i hate it when i get one bend out of key (im a perfectionist) and that intro is a PAIN. I sit down with Altitudes maybe a hour each day. the arpeggio part i have untile it goes into the G major into the A marjor arpeggio. thats part is also a very big pain to get clean.

Next JB tune for is also gonna be either Blue, Mables Fatal Fabel or Opus Pocus. Opus Pocus gets my vote for JB's most underrated song.

Next in that line of underrated songs would be Blue. Its almost as if he makes his notes cry, and he composed it with his eyes!!

I really need to start practicing guitar again though, it's been a bit of an uphill struggle for me lately and I get easily discouraged and that leads to lack of motivation, and when that happens, it leads to a downward spiral.

Also, he actually wrote Blue while he could still play. I read an interview or something, I think it was on his website actually, where he played it to his mom over the phone. The scary thing is, I think he improvised it or at least some of it, if I remember correctly.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
I really need to start practicing guitar again though, it's been a bit of an uphill struggle for me lately and I get easily discouraged and that leads to lack of motivation, and when that happens, it leads to a downward spiral.

Also, he actually wrote Blue while he could still play. I read an interview or something, I think it was on his website actually, where he played it to his mom over the phone. The scary thing is, I think he improvised it or at least some of it, if I remember correctly.

I had the same exact discouragement. I just got back into what a really loved, which was Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Cacophony, Megadeth. I felt i kind of wanderd away and got into the whole new age metal scene, but thats not where my heart lies. Deep down inside im a neo-classical, exotic scale guy. I recommend "Zen Guitar" for any guitarist feeling thier lacking in the determination department. Got me back in thier and practicing everyday.

Wow, i ddint know anything about that. I always considered the whole "Perspective"album was composed by eye. (except for "serrana" and "meet me in the morning")
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
^^ previos post first two paragraphs is a quote from "Blue Altitudes"
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Mr.Jackson, you could have just have used the edit button to make the first two paragraphs a quote....
Also, in case you didn't notice, look at my username...now put two and two together .
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
Quote by seymour_jackson

I got the beginning easily enough, its just that same part after the B minor sweep for the second time into those major sweeps that gets me.
Quote by Geartrigger
I got the beginning easily enough, its just that same part after the B minor sweep for the second time into those major sweeps that gets me.

What song exactly are you talking about Altitudes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk1ItjaCL3Q

I want to learn it sooo bad, but it seems so impossible. The tone, the vibrato, bends, whammy, everything is so freaking hard.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
What song exactly are you talking about Altitudes?

Correct.
i recently learned the Images arpeggios and have been working on the solo in Dweller in the Cellar.
the Altitudes arpeggios are also really fun and cool to play.
Agile Septor 6 - flame blue: Tonezone/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG350 in black
Douglas Strat copy w/ flame red and licensed floyd: JB bridge/ProTrack neck

Bugera 333 2x12 combo jj tubes
Epiphone Valve Junior head--modified

Boss SD-1
Quote by rydaflyguy03
i recently learned the Images arpeggios and have been working on the solo in Dweller in the Cellar.
the Altitudes arpeggios are also really fun and cool to play.

"Images" still gives me goosebumps. Its such a beautiful song.

Ive been working on Altitudes for so long and its still not as clean as I want it to be.
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by Evil_Magician
I'm working on the serrana arpegios.

Ah, god those are a bitch. I've got em at 30 bpm slower than the actual song so far. Of course, I don't have 24 frets so uh, that kind of sucks.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Ah, god those are a bitch. I've got em at 30 bpm slower than the actual song so far. Of course, I don't have 24 frets so uh, that kind of sucks.

werd dude. I just finished Altitudes (http://youtube.com/watch?v=uH4Fkhiz80c) thats the video btw.

I dunno if i want to start working on Serrana or Opus Pocus. Lord knows there both gonna take me months but might as well start now.
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by TheShred201
I've been somewhat working on Perpetual Burn, but I have some other songs to finish learning first so I'm not putting a HUGE amount of effort into it.

ouchie wouchie PB is no joke lol. i hope to cover the whole perpetual burn album, hopefully i can acomplish that before the age of 65 lol.

i take it a song at a time. focusing on one song at time and perfecting each part of it always produced better results (for me at least).
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson
ouchie wouchie PB is no joke lol. i hope to cover the whole perpetual burn album, hopefully i can acomplish that before the age of 65 lol.

i take it a song at a time. focusing on one song at time and perfecting each part of it always produced better results (for me at least).

I generally have one song that is the main song I'm working on, then a couple that I already know to play, and a couple that I'm working on at a slower pace just in case I get bored.
Im working on Black Stallion and Serrena. My vibrato needs work so what better song to practice on the Black Stallion. Serrena is.... Serrena lol.
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity