Here's a list of pedals I want in the future:
Krank krankshaft
MXR EVH flanger (or regular mxr flanger)
MXR 10 band equalizer
MXR carbon copy delay, or a reverb/delay pedal
MXR stereo chorus
a floor tuner
might need a decimator

I already have a Digitech Metal Master, MXR Phase 90 (I like MXR), and a Dunlop 535Q crybaby wah. I also have a dunlop dc-brick to power the pedals. Amp is Randall RM100KH, Engl 412 cab, guitars in profile one tuned to E standard, one C, and other drop D. I play metal if it matters

So my question is, will too many pedals kill my tone? Since that's probably true, true-bypass pedals would be needed so which ones have tb and which don't. Also does anyone use or have experience with any of these pedals? Recommend any other brands for these effects?

I'm semi-n00bish with pedals so...

Give me your thoughts,
Michael
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
To many buffered bypasses like MXR's will effect your tone, but very subtly especially the with the number of pedals your dealing with. True bypassed pedals will still eventually effect your tone because its like running an extremely long wire. If you are nervous about that a small true bypass loop might be something you could consider.

I assume you play metal. So you should check out digital delay opposed to analog. Check out the Nova delay in particular.

The EQ is nice. I use a Sniper Modded GE-7 which I like better, but the MXR is still nice.

I have an EVH Flanger and it's cool, but I would've gotten the regular if I didn't get the EVH for a steal (not really worth the price difference).

The Decimator is fantastic, I have a g-string model and it is amazing.

Haven't used the Krankshaft, but I doubt you would need it with your current amp.

The MXR chorus I don't like it sounds sterile and lifeless IMO. Check out the Diamond Halo Chorus if you got cash, or the Boss CE-2 if you're on a tighter budget.

The Petereson strobostromp is probably the best pedal tuner, but it is pricey. The Korg Pitchblack is a good alternative.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
While it's generally accepted that true bypass pedals are better and less degrading on your original tone, when you chain together ten pedals like you plan to what it essentially becomes is like using one long cable. Lets say you have 1 foot patch cables between each pedal, plus a 12 foot into the first, and a 5 foot cable going to the amp. If you have all of these in the loop of your noise suppressor lets say you add another 3 foot cable to get back to the return of that. That's basically a 28 foot cable which will suck far more tone than if you have a buffered pedal somewhere in the mix. There was a really good article about pedal boards and buffered vs. true bypass pedals in Guitar Player a few months ago.

Also MXR pedals are decent, but I've found that many manufacturers have their good pedals as well as their bad ones, and relying on one brand is never in the best interest of your tone, as other brands each have their strengths. I have 4 boss pedals, one of which has been modded, but nonetheless,, its still way too many boss pedals in my opinion as they are all mediocre at best. There are tons of really cool brands out there if you look, and they might be a little more expensive than MXR, but they are also much cooler sounding.

Some respectable brands are EHX, Fulltone, Devi Ever, Visual Sound, Death by Audio, and Skreddy, though none of these are terribly cheap, mind you.
Thanks guys, that was extremely insightful. I don't really want to spend too much on pedals not more than $150 each.
With these effects which is the best for a cheaper price: flanger, chorus, delay/reverb.

Also what order would you put these in (I'll do my best at an order): noise gate, wah, od, flanger, phase, chorus, tuner; with delay and eq in fx loop.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Quote by MorgMetal_666

With these effects which is the best for a cheaper price: flanger, chorus, delay/reverb.

Also what order would you put these in (I'll do my best at an order): noise gate, wah, od, flanger, phase, chorus, tuner; with delay and eq in fx loop.

I'm not quite sure what your first question is asking.

I'd also put the Noise Gate in the FX loop.

Then I'd go guitar>tuner>wah>OD>chorus>phaser>flanger>amp.

Check out this link. http://www.harmony-central.com/articles/tips/guitar_effects_guide/
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
I'm not quite sure what your first question is asking.

I'd also put the Noise Gate in the FX loop.

Then I'd go guitar>tuner>wah>OD>chorus>phaser>flanger>amp.

Check out this link. http://www.harmony-central.com/articles/tips/guitar_effects_guide/

I meant out of those effects (flanger, chorus, and delay/reverb) what are the best pedals under for each under $150. (besides the mxr flanger I'm considering that-$169)

Thanks for the order
SPAM:

Last edited by MorgMetal_666 at Jun 24, 2008,
What combination of buffered and true bypass pedals give the best sound? Also should I mod my crybaby to make it true bypass?
SPAM:

get a carl martin octa switch and then you can hav as many pedals as u want without hurting your tone.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
get a carl martin octa switch and then you can hav as many pedals as u want without hurting your tone.

That's lot of money and do you plug in the pedals with regular small cables into the octa switch anyway so you just have all the pedals accessible on one unit? I don't understand how it works and how it keeps the tone.
SPAM:

i agree it is very expensive. however it is worth it it because it is like having 8 individual effects loops.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab