So I have been looking at new amps for a while and have been having some issues.

im in a garage band with a few guys and my co-guitarist has a Spider III 120. Anyway, I've been running through a 10 watt combo and an OD pedal for almost three years and need a new amp. I know i should get a tube combo and i would like that but its not totally an option due to budget.

but my problem is i need an amp with at least 100 watts. i know it sounds stupid but the other guy is a complete ****head, and will drown me out with his bull****!

i play metal, budget is $500-600. (if i get 600 i will totally get a Valveking, but i dont know yet) any suggestions?

if all else fails i will get a Randall SS half stack and destroy him and his Spider Pee!
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Valveking, you will not be disappointed. 5150s and 6505s are out of your price range.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
dont get a randall half stack for the sake of drowning out your bandmate. thats gayer than your bandmate drowning you out

check out the b52 at100

more wattage than you'll ever need, very versatile, sounds good, and its conveniently priced near your budget
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
You don't need 100 watts. A 50 watt Valveking 112 should be sufficiant and it is only $400.

There is almost a 3 to 1 ratio when it comes to solid state watts vs tube watts. Plus, i doubt that Spider sounds that great cranked to 10 anyway.

So 120 / 3 = 40.
Quote by JordantheAxe
Valveking, you will not be disappointed. 5150s and 6505s are out of your price range.

I was pretty disappointed with it. Used 5150? I'm pretty sure that's in his price range.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You don't need 100 watts. A 50 watt Valveking 112 should be sufficiant and it is only $400.

There is almost a 3 to 1 ratio when it comes to solid state watts vs tube watts. Plus, i doubt that Spider sounds that great cranked to 10 anyway.

So 120 / 3 = 40.

so wait. tubes make the amp louder?
Quote by EuroGuitarist
Used Peavey 5150/6505.

Yes.

I scored mine for $400. Of course the idiot I got it from was a "seller" of "merchandise" and needed to offload a bunch of his stuff for quick cash so he can pay back some "people".
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by Dimefan69
so wait. tubes make the amp louder?

Sort of. 1 "tube watt"= about 1.5 "ss watts"
A tube amp will be louder than an ss of the same wattage. I guess it is because or the tubes. I don't actually know
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
it is the way your ears perceive the sound waves - is the difference

go to Everything Tubes Sticky at the top of the Forum to learn more as my keyboard is hurting.

+1
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
thanks. ill check that out! i still need suggestions. thanks!
I dont think you understand how loud atube amp is. 50 watts of tube at full volume for 10 minutes WILL make your ears ring for ATLEAST 4 hours.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Don't get SS. I'm really struggling to hear myself over my drummer with 100 watts SS.
Used:

Peavey 5150/6505 Combo
Peavey XXX Combo
Peavey JSX Combo
Mesa F-30/F-50 Combo
Mesa DC-3/DC-5 Combo

New/Used:

Randall RG50TC
Peavey Valveking
B-52 AT
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Used:

Peavey 5150/6505 Combo
Peavey XXX Combo
Peavey JSX Combo
Mesa F-30/F-50 Combo
Mesa DC-3/DC-5 Combo

New/Used:

Randall RG50TC
Peavey Valveking
B-52 AT

Whathesaid.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
valveking 112 will be plenty loud and for the price you cant beat it, with the remaining money get the footswitch and a bad monkey.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Peavey VK 112 or B-52 would drown his SS h i t.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by JordantheAxe

I was very disappointed with it as well.
I got my 5150 combo for $500
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab