Ok, first of all, this a stupid question, but Im self teaching myself theory.
With major scales, are they only notes like

A Maj
B Maj
C Maj etc.

or is there such things as ones with accidentals...

A#Maj
C#Maj etc.

I just was wondering
A major scale consists of seven notes, and seven chords. As a specific response to your question, only one major key/scale has no flats or sharps, and that is C major. Rather than re-writing it, I'll quote a bunch of basic theory stuff I wrote in another thread;

Quote by Martin Scott
How to build chords, scales, modes etc, and how they relate to each other. You must also know your key signatures to do this effectively (look up the 'cycle of fifths'). For example, the key of A has three sharps- F, C, and G. So spelt out, the key of A major is A, B, C#, D, E, F#, G#. Within each major (and minor) scale, seven normal chords/triads can be built from it, as there are seven notes. From any note, you miss one, count one, miss one, count one. So from lets say B, the chord you would build (from this particular scale) is B, D, and F#. B is the root of that chord, D is the third, and F# is the fifth. Root, third, fifth. That's how we build simple triads. If you know anything about music, you know that that's a Bminor chord. Even though this is the major scale, there are only three major chords within it. Starting from the root of the scale (A, in this case) building chords from each successive note, the chords you get are as follows;

Major, minor, minor, major, major, minor, diminished.

So, the triad built from G# in the key of A major is G#diminished, and so on. Once you figure this out and get it down, modal theory is really a doddle, because it's basically the same. There are seven modes within a major (or minor) scale, and are as follows;

Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, Locrian.

A 'mode' within music is basically playing a scale, but within the key signature of another scale. This sounds complicated, but it's really not. Let's say we play from D to D. The key of D major (and B minor) has two sharps, F and C. It's D, E, F#, G, A, B. C#. But, let's say we play don't play that. Let's say we instead play D, E, F#, G#, A, B, C# and up to the octave, D. So we've played D to D, but not within the key of D. If you look above, we've actually played D to D within the key of A. D is the fourth degree of the key of A. The fourth mode is Lydian. So what we've just done in this example is played D Lydian, in it's most simple and distilled form. So modal playing is, in very over-simplified terms, looking at a key, and starting from a note other than the root of the key. Modes also follow the same major/minor pattern as the chords. So Dorian is a minor mode, Lydian is a major mode, Locrian is diminished, etc.

Stuff like that, man. You don't need a teacher, really. It's certainly helpful to have one, but you can learn it of your own volition. That stuff I've written above is merely the most basic, grass-roots general musicianship. It goes into way more complex stuff. Don't feel bad that you don't know any of it though. Guitarists are very, very lazy compared to other instrumentalists. Most guitarists don't even know this basic stuff, let alone bassists. They just look as chords and scales as 'shapes'. Which is wrong. There's nothing wrong with using shapes as a way of mapping out the fretboard, but you need to learn the theory behind them if you mean to do anything useful with them. I advise that you learn it, as all the best musicians in the world know this stuff, and knowing it yourself will allow you to be the best that you can be.
yes, A# major and C# major exist

they're also know as Bb major and Db major
Awesome, thanks. So those seven major scales themselves arent accidentals (root notes not accidentals)?
In musical terms, an 'accicental' is just a note you play which isn't in the scale of the song, most often used as a passing note to give what your playing a bit of 'colour', so to speak. While there are only seven notes in any scale in western music (six notes in the wholetone scale, and obviously five in pentatonics etc, but they are altered from seven note scales), our western octave is divided up into twelve equal parts. There are thus at least five notes which fall outside of any key you're playing in. These 'outside' notes can be used as accidentals.

I'm not really sure what you mean. If you mean starting a major scale from a sharp note, then yes you can do that of course. However, in 'proper' terms, you wouldn't say "C# major scale", you would say "Db major scale", as that's how the cycle of fifths is written out. It's the exact same thing, though.
Ok, then what scales are these? I used the formula for a Major Scale

A# C D D# F G A A#
C# D# F F# G # A # C C# etc

I thought those would be A#Major and C# Major, but apparently there are only 7 Major Scales?
So would those be Bb and Db?
If so, does that make these all of the major scales.
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
Ab
Bb
Db
Eb
Gb