I have been having nosebleeds for about 3 months, about 1 a day and it is pissing me off.

So I have been thinking my left nostril cauterized, but I have 2 questions:

1. Is it painful?

2. Is it worth it or does cauterization stop nose bleeds?
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
quit picking your nose or putting things in it or tru it

if youre not doing anything it could be a bigger problem like high blood pressure

edit: dont burn the inside of your nose if you like your habillity to smell things
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by dudius
you wouldnt have nosebleeds if you stopped snorting.

I cant help it. I love the white wonder
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Quote by dudius
you wouldnt have nosebleeds if you stopped snorting.

My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I get terrible nosebleeds and went to see an ear/nose/throat doctor about it a few summers ago. What she did is basically put these ****ty skin grafs in my nose that were supposed to encourage the growth of new tissue there. They ended up just shooting out when I sneezed. I am seriously considering having it cauterized because it would save me a ****load of trouble in the future.

I don't think it'd be too painful -- 5 minutes of pain is worth it.
Looking for my India/Django.
I went with my cousin to get his nose cauterized a couple years ago.. he was shrieking in pain while it was going on. then he had like black stuff in his nose (like burnt pizza crust) so it was pretty ugly, but it came off after a while.

I dunno. you could always just die from lack of blood.
or get a boner once in a while. direct the flow elsewhere from your head.
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
You should ask your doctor or someone who had this done.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I got mine done when i was a kid.... ( like 8-9 years ago, process might have changed)
Basically put a stick looking thing up your nose that looks like a match and hold there.
It feels like your nose is numb. It usually works for ppl. But mine didnt work since my vains are to close to the skin in my nose.
I had the same problem with nosebleeds every day. I went and got it cauterized and now its fine.

They just put a little stick up your nose, its silver nitrate, and then it burns and creates scar tissue.

There is no pain, maybe a little sharp thing like accidentally cutting your finger, if you scream from the cauterization you are a little pussy.

Also @ the_extremist00 cauterization doesn't do **** to your ability to smell. Read up before you spout bull****.
If you wanna get down, down on the ground... Cocaine!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Copilot911

Also @ the_extremist00 cauterization doesn't do **** to your ability to smell. Read up before you spout bull****.

i said cauterization, or burning ?

i think it was burning....i thought he was thinking of doing it himself...sorry im not a genius like you = (
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Cauterization is burning, but not in the heating up and piece of metal and burning your skin way. Its just a chemical burn, but it still doesn't affect your smelling.
You could be blind. No kidding here too. Thats how they figured out my mom was blind and when I go long periods without my glasses I often get nose bleeds aday or two later.
ive had nosebleeds most of mylife every once in a lil while from a weak blood vessel in my nose, i need that thing cauterized or however u spell it.its sux, mine alwys have bad timing.. its like they are out to get me..
schecter hellraiser son
Quote by conval_fan1
ive had nosebleeds most of mylife every once in a lil while from a weak blood vessel in my nose, i need that thing cauterized or however u spell it.its sux, mine alwys have bad timing.. its like they are out to get me..

Go get it cauterized then, its not a timestaking procedure or something.
nosebleeds sux like crazy!

But if yuo are bleeding and need to stop it quickly you can stick your head under as cold water as you can endure! Stick it inn there until your head is starting to cool down and you actually are starting to get cold. It will rederect the flow of blood to where its really needed(your brain) to warm it back up again. Also stay hydrated! espesially in dry weather. Donno exactly whats its called, but mucusmembrane sounds cool. Its what you have in your mouth and waaaayup in your nose. When those get dried out you are more likley to start bleeding.
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
Quote by Cowslayer
I have been having nosebleeds for about 3 months, about 1 a day and it is pissing me off.

So I have been thinking my left nostril cauterized, but I have 2 questions:

1. Is it painful?

2. Is it worth it or does cauterization stop nose bleeds?

First try hooking up a humidifier.
if you have dry air, this can trigger nose bleeds.
Okay, this is going to sound really odd, but I had the same problem 'bout ten years ago, and this fixed it:

Coat the inside of your nose with mineral oil every night. Just put a bit on a Q-Tip and rub it on. Works wonders.
Can't stop the signal.
I used to have this.

Get your blood pressure checked out, mine was absolutely through the roof, hence the nose bleeds.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
well, cautaurisation is pretty much burning something. When stuff burns, cells die. You'll probably feel something for a few seconds, but then the nerve endings will die off in a horrible liquidy mess. Alongside a lot of epithelial cells.

you make it sound like such a dream
You are now blinking manually