Does anyone know any super percussive, rhythmic acoustic songs? Or is there any guitar-playing style/genre that fits that description? Just..melodic songs with lots of string slapping, guitar thumping, and rhythmic playing. Thanks you guys.
Search for Erik Mongrain, Tommy Emmanuel, and Kieran Murphy. Three great acoustic players.
My Gear
Fender Player's Stratocaster
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
jack johnson has nothing on my guys.
My Gear
Fender Player's Stratocaster
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by guitarded32

i already know that lol .. but its something percussive thats easy to play
Quote by guitarded32

And you have nothing on Jack Johnson!
My God, it's full of stars!
A classic answer would be, either Andy Mckee - drifting or Justing king - knock on wood / phunkdified
A simple song to learn that has a repititive percussive beat to get you started is "More Than Words" by Extreme. Easy to play, easy chords, and gets you started in the right diretion.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
sorry to sound dumb,
but what is percussive exactly?
just like any song that has a lot of breaks in the chord progressions?
Playing with Pink Noise by Kaki King. Even tho its in an odd tuning, that song is literally a percussive song. Check out a live video of her playing it, youll know what i mean.
John Mayer - Heart of life
J. Mayer- Stop this train for the more advance slap players