After a few setbacks and a constant feeling of restriction i decided i should invest in a wireless system.
Obviously I'm a bass player.
I need help with two different topics
1.- Due to location i must use an online store, i have heard Guitar center is quite popular, but I'd like to hear your opinion on Guitar Center and also, any other e-tailer you might suggest.
2.- This model...
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Nady-MK-2B-Bass-Wireless-System-275551-i1126995.gc
... is the only one i found to be specialized for the bass, and is also one of the cheaper ones around. I'd like your opinion because the comments on the page might as well be written by the manufacturers.
3. Finally, any comment on what characteristics i should look for, and what other models you'd recommend would be very helpful.
i dont know much about the actual wireless systems, but another good site to check would be musiciansfriend.com, thats generally where i go for online music stuff
Quote by Swat Man
if you get an MG you support terrorism
I don't know anything specific about the model but I know that wireless systems can be a bitch, all around. Do some tests in the store such as making calls close to and around the system dock, distance and movement experimentation, and playing another sound system/amplifier close to the dock/pickup.

Interference is often a common issue, as well as feedback. Unless you get a really really great system (Shure has some that are low-end but high quality, think they're called ws-900 or something, about 250 coin), it's not worth sinking the money into it.

The biggest thing is to test it out, and thoroughly. You might find that the hassle of a cord is less than the bull of a WS.
Hey man,

I have that Nady wireless. I like it. It doesn't cut out my signal or anything but I can't really vouch for it's range. I have never really gone more than 20 feet away from it.
*Guitars:
Fender Aerodyne Bass
Schecter Stiletto Elite Bass
ESP LTD B-155 Bass
Dean Edge 8-String Bass
Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic-Electric Bass
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight Guitar
would you really need a bass one? if you were going to use a cable then you wouldn't use a different one for guitar and a different one for bass. I don't think is should make any difference, but don't quote me on that!
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by stevo192
would you really need a bass one? if you were going to use a cable then you wouldn't use a different one for guitar and a different one for bass. I don't think is should make any difference, but don't quote me on that!

lulz, i quoted you!!!111111!!1!111!

But to be serious, I think stevo is right.If you had a choice between cords you wouldnt buy one just because it was specific for bass because they all do the same thing.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by c3powil
lulz, i quoted you!!!111111!!1!111!

But to be serious, I think stevo is right.If you had a choice between cords you wouldnt buy one just because it was specific for bass because they all do the same thing.

I imagine you could lose tone like you can through bad cables and effects pedals if you had a cheap wireless system.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
^thats not what we were discussing, we were talking about different systems for guitar and bass, not the quality of the units
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
I'm no professional about wireless systems, but get a good mid price one. These systems will mess with your sound a little bit, so get a decent one and you wont have to worry about it too much. Also, cheap ones tend to cut out a relatively close distances, so if you want to walk about the crowd or whatever, get a decent one.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
There are 2 that i have found that actually have the specifications(and to my ear, the ability) to reach the low E of a bass and below. those are:

The AKG WMS40 pro (which i have): I find it very reliable and have had no problems. people do not like it because the old model sucked, but the new version has all the kinks worked out(that i can tell) and you can get it for about $180

The X2 Wireless: made specifically for bass and i have heard nothing but great reviews. Its specifications and claims are amazing and I have heard it lives up to every single claim. I do not know how much this goes for but i think you can get it for around $200.

I have heard with the Nady it is hit or miss. I personally hate Nady and am biased in that aspect, everything they make is cheap in price and quality.