I've been looking at the Martin D-15 and I'm going to buy it when I get the cash, buuuuuuttttt It has no pickup. I do alot of coffee shop/small venues so I need a little amplification, but like the freedom of moving around so micing isn't an option. The guitar's sound is wonderful and I want to be sure and capture that. Please reccomend something for me pleassee.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
LR Baggs M1 Active soundhole pickup. It'll run you about $200-250, but boy does it sound good. This pickup should be permanently installed, however. It isnt meant to be an often removed soundhole pickup like most systems are. It's designed to stay in your guitar. Also, the system can pick up tapping from the guitar body.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Well i was in the same position so i went to the guitar store to see what they had. Everything they had you had to have your guitar drilled to install the pickup which i did not want. But they had this Dean Markley removable pickup for like 80 bucks, so i bought that and an eq pedal. I was skeptical about feedback and tone problems, but the tone was surprisingly good and i had absolutely zero feedback problems. But if you dont have a problem with them installing a pickup in your guitar, i would say go for that .
i would probaly go for a permenant solution. I was looking at that LR M1 active pickup and it looks like alot of people like that, but I'm also looking at the fisman aura, it looks awesome but it is a little bit more exspensive
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
^ I think you can do better than that for $250 honestly. What acoustic pickup you need depends on what you are playing your guitar through. If you are planning on using a PA -- which is what it sounds like -- you're better off getting a soundboard transducer. It will replicate the tone of your guitar much better than any soundhole pickup. LR Baggs and B-Band both make quality transducers, and I believe they run anywhere between about $80-150. If you had another $80 to spend, the LR Baggs belt clip preamp would be another good purchase.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Check out the K&K Pure Western Mini. I installed one myself in my Guild, and it sounds amazing, even without a preamp. They can be had for like $80 on eBay.
Guild GAD-40C w/ PWM pickup
Martin 000-16GT
Washburn D10s-12
Fender Jimmie Vaughan Strat
Schecter C-1+ (For SALE!)
Epiphone G-400 Ltd. w/ EMG's
I dunno. My M1 Active sounds RIDICULOUSLY good for a soundhole pickup. everyone who has heard it agrees that it replicates the sound of my guitar quite accurately.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.