so the neck on my RG feels weird like its kinda hard to slide my hand on it and even if i use polish it will feel the same but the neck on my friends RG feels perfect, its so easy to go up and down the neck....

wut should i do?? use steel wool??
ƒuck your nuts
If you don't mind voiding the warranty, use some steel wool on it. It's the lacquer that's causing the stickiness.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
If you don't mind voiding the warranty, use some steel wool on it. It's the lacquer that's causing the stickiness.

i dont think i have a warranty though =p

so how come my friends guitar doesnt feel the same theyre basically the same guitar just his is satin black reverse headstock and no pickguard?? and mine
ƒuck your nuts
His is probably more worn in.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
All RGs feel like that at first. Once you start to sweat it, it will smooth out.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by mogar
His is probably more worn in.

i've had mine longer than him and played it longer than him actually he made his parents buy him the guitar and quit like 6-7 months after he got it.... so it barely gets played i think last time he used it was like 4 months ago...
ƒuck your nuts
Quote by jigy-i-joe
All RGs feel like that at first. Once you start to sweat it, it will smooth out.

mine felt just like his when i bought it so i dont know wut happened... could it have been the guitar polish?
ƒuck your nuts
so do i have to use the steel wool in a certain way to not mess up the neck?? do i need anything else?
ƒuck your nuts
With the grain? Just an assumption.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
With the grain? Just an assumption.

actually its the back of the neck

Edit: haha dumbass me never mind
ƒuck your nuts
Depends on what is in the guitar polish, some stuff from the polish may be building up over time and making the neck sticky.

I would just use some steel wool( i think 0000) and just use that on the neck and it should be good.
Definitely 0000. Anything else could damage it.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
yea i used .0000 and now it feels great!!! ill finish it in the morning cus i know i missed some spots
ƒuck your nuts
i've discovered that if one simply wipes the neck with a damp rag, it makes it feel and play 20 million times better. for about an hour, that is.
Quote by childofsin
i've discovered that if one simply wipes the neck with a damp rag, it makes it feel and play 20 million times better. for about an hour, that is.

Yeah, a lot of time sweat and dirt builds up on the neck. In fact, I should really do that right now. It can probably be avoided entirely by washing your hands before you play though.
Quote by mrvile

Quote by jigy-i-joe

Prestige's don't.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
My RG3 has the Wizard II neck and it felt great from day one. It had a satin finish and it's fast as hell.
If you don't want to remove the finish or sell the guitar, a quick work around is to buy a pair of light winter mittens and cut the fingers out. The preferable method would be to relax your grip.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Bazilisck311
If you don't want to remove the finish or sell the guitar, a quick work around is to buy a pair of light winter mittens and cut the fingers out. The preferable method would be to relax your grip.

there was no finish on the neck. and well i used steel wool which solved the problem
ƒuck your nuts