Ok, so Im farely certain im going to purchase a Schecter Texas Chainsaw Massacure Avenger which comes with some really neat looking "distressed copper" pickup covers that look awesome on the guitar. only bad thing is theyre covering duncan designed hb-102 pickups. Which for me is a no-no so is there anyway i could put the covers on some distortions?
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
Theres threads on how to remove them on here somewhere, after that just reverse the process.
Now, ive done a little digging and found out that covered pickups are apparently waxed. . . so what does that mean when i wanna put them on the new pickups?
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
Yes. It isn't too hard.

1) get your pickup ready to be potted. make sure everything is clean, ready to go.
2) pot the pickup in wax. google it, i'm not an expert..someone on here has a wax potting tut, check sigs or ultimate tut thread, or searchbar is really useful for that.
3) once pickups are potted, your cover should b eon pretty well, but still apply a bit of solder to where pickup bottom meets cover. this becomes a grounded piece, shielding the pup some. you're basically ready to go.

DO NOT put the cover on the pup unless it's potted. you're just asking for microphonics and noise issues.

good luck!
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
So, i just need to find out how exactly to pot a pickup with wax. . . ok, sounds simple i guess.
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
yeah, just make sure temp isn't too hot, use right ratio of wax and you'll be okay. check for that tutorial i mentioned, seriously use the searchbar for that it is EXTREMELY useful!

EDIT: HERE YOU GO!

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687124&highlight=wax+potting+tutorial
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
hey someone actually linked to my tutorial!

makes me feel all warm inside, haha
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial