Page 1 of 3
How many of you thinl that the mayans were right and the world is going to end in 2012

One thing that's really freaking me out is that the christians perception on the end of the world is starting to line up, supposedley a leader with origins from the east will bring peace to the middle east and when a treaty is signed with israel

Not gonna lie but it seems obama would be their man for the job, he fits the bill and the middle east is in some very interesting times at the moment...

So anyway, what do you all think? Is this just eerie coincidence? Or did the mayans know something we didn't? Or do you think the worlds gonna end in 2012 but not by the return of god? Or do you just think nothings gonna happen
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
hmm...i think we'll all have monkeys as pets by 2012...then they'll all revolt against us, thus enslaving us...
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Everyone misinterprets the whole 2012 thing. Some assholes hear something about it and pass it on because they think it makes them sound smart. It's just when the Mayan calendar restarts, like January 1st for us.

EDIT: Fuck, I really don't like people like you. "Not gonna lie but..." What the hell is that supposed to mean? Why would you lie about it in the first place? And then the "but" contradicts it.

Middle east is going through "interesting times?" Wow, that's never happened before.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Last edited by JMack at Jun 24, 2008,
There's a thread about this every week. They didn't predict anything, they just decided not to make their calendar go on for infinity. They probably ran out of rocks to write on.
I certainly don't think it's true, but I will say if any society's armageddon prediction is right, it would be the Mayans. They were badass.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

i believe so !!!

but not like earth is going to explode, just something big a lot of old civilizations predict to happen

planet comming dangerounsly close to earth, sun instability, alien discovery...whatever
something big is comming XD
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
From what I know, there are a few different theories. One, of course is the end of the world thing. Another, more accepted one is that there will be a change in world order, or something very vague like that. I used to know a lot more about it, but what I do remember is there's more to it than just the calendar. When I first researched stuff it was pretty freaky ****, and I don't believe in most of the paranormal crap a lot of people do.

Also, there's some truth behind the Crystal Skulls from the latest Indy movie. Not that there will be aliens and all the jazz, but there have been some perfectly cut crystal skulls found that no one is really sure about. It's rumored that there are more out there, and they are linked to the Mayan 2012 prophecy.
On the topic of construction delaying the Large Hadron Collider:

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Construction my ass. They just haven't found a good enough crowbar for Gordon Freeman when everything goes tits up.
no..the world is not going to end in 2012. and im pretty sure israel is never gonna sign a treaty with the arabs so we're good!
MY GEAR!!

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Gibson Les Paul Special
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Head
Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Rectifier Slant Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss Giga Delay
Boss Flanger
Monster Cables
    Quote by the_extremist00
    i believe so !!!

but not like earth is going to explode, just something big a lot of old civilizations predict to happen

planet comming dangerounsly close to earth, sun instability, alien discovery...whatever
    something big is comming XD

We don't need to worry about that. This man has us covered.

Quote by Spamwise
    Holy ****, where did you find out about this??

on the Mayan calander it says that at the end of the 12th cycle (or something like that) the world will end, and december 21, 2012 is the end of that cycle. my theology teacher made me watch a video on youtube about it, its pretty awesome.

its gunna happen
    mayans = scientificly advanced super geniuses
    god = not so much.

EDIT: if it doesnt end in 2012, i have a highly educated hypothesis that it will end in 2112. my reasoning: Rush said so.
    "Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
    your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
    Quote by Spamwise

EDIT:
    I like how the guy above me thought you were serious...
    haha
    ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
    Quote by Spamwise

that made me lol hard.
    I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
    They didn't say it would end then! The calender guy just got lazy.

The world is going to end LOOONG before that....

Does anyone know when they kick start the Large Hadron Collider? Because THAT's when the world will end my friends.
    Quote by me_llamo_juan
    ^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
    Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
    Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
    The pain goes on."
    were all going to die in the twist of a bad M night. Shamalyn movie
    Quote by nexteyenate
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
    PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
    Damn guys I never said I believe any of this **** I was just curious as to what others think about it

And sorry about the "not gonna lie" thing, Its just something I say and I guess I use it wrongly, sorry I was confusing. I don't know a lot about this stuff that's why I was asking
    You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
    No, its bullcrap..

You cant expect the Mayans to have a calandar that goes on FOREVER, can you?

(and Ramones06, ITS MY AVATAR!)

^
    He's laughing at YOU.
    You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
    Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
    Quote by macho man
    There's a thread about this every week. They didn't predict anything, they just decided not to make their calendar go on for infinity. They probably ran out of rocks to write on.

+1
    people thought that the world was ending in 1000, then there was all that crap in 2000 (i was kinda young). bottom line, people were wrong then and they're wrong now. if we can't perfectly predict the weather, do you think that we could honestly predict the end of the world?
    I didn't think it would be, but the looks of how the earth and all the shit and death going on now, it seems to be true.
    Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
    Follow me on Twitter
    The world's gonna end when Dave Mustaine dies. Why? Well, what's the point of existence if we have no Dave Mustaine to look forward to?
    I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
    dissapointing is what itll be
    <//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
    Quote by Munchlaxatives
    The world's gonna end when Dave Mustaine dies. Why? Well, what's the point of existence if we have no Dave Mustaine to look forward to?

A better existence.

^
    He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
    Quote by deckerbastard69
    wasnt every atom bomb supposed to go off in 2000?

then why the hell is everything intact in 2008

Because we are living in the Matrix.. we just dont know it.

^
    He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
    Quote by ratmblink123

EDIT:
    I like how the guy above me thought you were serious...
    haha

who said i was for cereal? only reason i know that stuff (not the Rush thing) is cause that was the one day i showed up to class and was actually awake
    "Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
    your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
    Quote by Johansensan
    on the Mayan calander it says that at the end of the 12th cycle (or something like that) the world will end, and december 21, 2012 is the end of that cycle. my theology teacher made me watch a video on youtube about it, its pretty awesome.

its gunna happen
    mayans = scientificly advanced super geniuses
    god = not so much.

EDIT: if it doesnt end in 2012, i have a highly educated hypothesis that it will end in 2112. my reasoning: Rush said so.

Oh ok. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote by Johansensan
    who said i was for cereal? only reason i know that stuff (not the Rush thing) is cause that was the one day i showed up to class and was actually awake

Whoa, awake in class?
    Rebel...
    ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
    Quote by Spamwise
    Oh ok. Thanks for the heads up.

It's clear to me now!
    Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Page 1 of 3