Page 1 of 2
well....Tonight My dad and I were coming home from bible study/worshipteam. and we hit a cow A black cow.......the truck is completley wrecked and my amps reverb is toast along with the OD channel.........

I NEED a cheap amp for gigging. Under like 300 dollars perferably tube with EL34s.

I'm willing to go used
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
ouch thats bad man sorry to hear that.

Good luck finding something.

EDIT are you having steak tonight?
Quote by ninja23
ouch thats bad man sorry to hear that.

Good luck finding something.

EDIT are you having steak tonight?

lol no more like hamburger

it was actually pretty funny. My dad was like theres a cow and BANG! the bags went off. lol. then the onstar guy was like is everyone ok and my dad said yeah but I'm coverd in white powder (Aribag stuff) and the guy on the line was like what? lol

EDIT2: I also have a chip in the flame top of my LP
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks
lol no more like hamburger

it was actually pretty funny. My dad was like theres a cow and BANG! the bags went off. lol. then the onstar guy was like is everyone ok and my dad said yeah but I'm coverd in white powder (Aribag stuff) and the guy on the line was like what? lol

EDIT2: I also have a chip in the flame top of my LP

dam that sucks
well if you got lucky used peavey classic 30?
you really probably already know the answer to your question
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I"m not all that sure the peavey has 84s not 34s I'm thining about a laney protube or a Sovtek MIG60 if I can find one
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
oh man that sucks....what was the amp anyway?
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Otsugua713
oh man that sucks....what was the amp anyway?

it was a fairly cheap Fender princeton chorus The od wasn't GREAT but man the cleans on that thing seriously matched most tube amps I've played and the reverb was a realy spring reverb
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
well if you are for cleans than maybe a traynor ycv40? not sure on prices there
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
no I normaly used an OD to push the clean channel but I'm gonna buy a nice tube amp this time around.

I don't NEED cleans as much as I need OD and I want plexi od and the Mig60 and laeny pro tube 50w head have something close
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
What MF has to offer...

Heads

Combos

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks
no I normaly used an OD to push the clean channel but I'm gonna buy a nice tube amp this time around.

I don't NEED cleans as much as I need OD and I want plexi od and the Mig60 and laeny pro tube 50w head have something close

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075
THAT is your perfect amp my friend
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
yep Ive looked at those things I'm thinking I'm gonna go used better bang for my buck

Quote by acdclandon

yah I agreed but I'm thinking head for one and under like 350 maybe i can stretch 400
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
yep Ive looked at those things I'm thinking I'm gonna go used better bang for my buck

you're pretty much going to have to go used
but if you pick up one of those for cheap that will get you what you want
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by mcrfobtai
Used Classic 30?

I don't want to sound like a Jerk but they also have 84s not 34s.

the only EL34 amp suggested so far was the traynor and thats outta my range
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
what happend to that post you just made?
whatever

EL84s are like a Vox AC30 kind 34s are very british/marshall sounding.

6L6s are american all the way fender cleans lots of headroom
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
yeah you should save some more and get the traynor used
thats really your best bet
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I dunno I'll think about it the thing Is I need and amp NOW basically I gig 2 or 3 times a week. and I'm gonna miss atleast a week or two which isn't cool.

well I'll bump this in the morning night.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
alright see ya
you might need to budge on the whole el34 thing though
maybe you could replace the 84's in the c30 with 34's?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by Bostonrocks
what happend to that post you just made?
whatever

EL84s are like a Vox AC30 kind 34s are very british/marshall sounding.

6L6s are american all the way fender cleans lots of headroom

well Bostonrocks - i know you don't want to hear this but:

the valveking combo at 50 watts has 2 6L6 power tubes and 3 12AX7 preamps. granted it won't touch your Fender or a Traynor but they are $400 new US and prolly cheaper used. And you could prolly resell it easily once you build up your amp fund and/or replace the tubes.

i know, not a lot help, but i am sorry to hear about your cow disaster. there was a thread tonight over in Electric Guitar named "Horror Story (Busted gear)" - you should post your story over in dat and post some picky's if you got 'em. Sorry to hear about your guitar and other gear and accessories too. I guess it could have been worse right so count your blessings. My brother and i hit deer last year and it was NOT fun.

'Bostonrocks only needs an amp damnit' - oh nevermind.

Peace
Peavey Windsor Head.

EL34's 20 watt head.

EDIT: You might also want to look at the Palomino V32H. It has EL84's but the overdrive is still very good, and it's about 200 bucks cheaper than the Classic 30 (new)

This is based off of my assumption that you only need a head, though.
Last edited by imgooley at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by imgooley
Peavey Windsor Head.

EL34's 20 watt head.

EDIT: You might also want to look at the Palomino V32H. It has EL84's but the overdrive is still very good, and it's about 200 bucks cheaper than the Classic 30 (new)

This is based off of my assumption that you only need a head, though.

dam i forgot about that
nice recommendation gooley
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Head or combo would work but I wanna go head. and I actually liked the windsor thats one I can add to maybe
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
well Bostonrocks - i know you don't want to hear this but:

the valveking combo at 50 watts has 2 6L6 power tubes and 3 12AX7 preamps. granted it won't touch your Fender or a Traynor but they are $400 new US and prolly cheaper used. And you could prolly resell it easily once you build up your amp fund and/or replace the tubes.

i know, not a lot help, but i am sorry to hear about your cow disaster. there was a thread tonight over in Electric Guitar named "Horror Story (Busted gear)" - you should post your story over in dat and post some picky's if you got 'em. Sorry to hear about your guitar and other gear and accessories too. I guess it could have been worse right so count your blessings. My brother and i hit deer last year and it was NOT fun.

'Bostonrocks only needs an amp damnit' - oh nevermind.

Peace

lol to the only needs an amp.

but yah It would hurt to buy a valveking............. maybe I can try another one. and the windsor also I'll see.

deer arn't fun either
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by acdclandon
you might need to budge on the whole el34 thing though

+1

Not a lot of affordable EL34 amps available in the US. While you're looking around for your Laney or Sovtek, keep your eyes peeled for a Traynor YSR-1, too. Should be in the same price range. It would be #1 on my list of those three amps. You could add the YBA-1 to your search if you don't mind the lack of reverb. It's the best Plexi clone ever.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
+1

Not a lot of affordable EL34 amps available in the US. While you're looking around for your Laney or Sovtek, keep your eyes peeled for a Traynor YSR-1, too. Should be in the same price range. It would be #1 on my list of those three amps. You could add the YBA-1 to your search if you don't mind the lack of reverb. It's the best Plexi clone ever.

will definatly do that slats thanks for the help
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
LOL im still laughing over the fact you guys hit a cow. but yeah i think a classic 30 would be best for you. this is why people should buy cow insurance
Quote by kckyle
LOL im still laughing over the fact you guys hit a cow. but yeah i think a classic 30 would be best for you. this is why people should buy cow insurance

The cows were BLACK like pitch black and we were driving at night. It was pretty funny to.

I hadn't had a chance to turn the amp up till today...I think there is a hole in the speaker
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Cows with cloaking devices

be afraid, be very afraid.

Classic 30 gets my vote too...Peaveys are certified cowproof.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You hit a cow?

Demolition Dairy!

Anyways, i'm glad it wasn't a more expensive amp which got damaged.
I'd recommend Peavey Classics, but they have EL84's.

Does this change your plans to get that ceriatone plexi?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by steven seagull
Cows with cloaking devices

be afraid, be very afraid.

Classic 30 gets my vote too...Peaveys are certified cowproof.

so are trucks but that didn't stop the cows from tearing it apart
Quote by darkarbiter7
You hit a cow?

Demolition Dairy!

Anyways, i'm glad it wasn't a more expensive amp which got damaged.
I'd recommend Peavey Classics, but they have EL84's.

Does this change your plans to get that ceriatone plexi?

yah I'm happy to.

I don't think I'm gonna be getting a ceriatone now for a while cause It's gonna take time to ship and I need an amp within two weeks (I'd actually like to have it this week) and I don't have much cash right now

I think I'm gonna take slats advice and look at the old traynors
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Bummer.
Back when I wanted to get a Ceriatone OTS, I realized that it'd probably be more worth it just to buy something locally. With the OTS, i'd have to worry about pricey shipping, labor fees, and all that jazz. They're good amps, but I think they would end up being too much trouble.
That's why I went with a nice amp from a local store.
But, if you must have that plexi tone, get a plexi clone! Or an original, which would get quite expensive.

But, I think you'd really like a peavey classic 30. Especially with good tubes and a replacement speaker.
Those traynors are worth looking into also.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Bummer.
Back when I wanted to get a Ceriatone OTS, I realized that it'd probably be more worth it just to buy something locally. With the OTS, i'd have to worry about pricey shipping, labor fees, and all that jazz. They're good amps, but I think they would end up being too much trouble.
That's why I went with a nice amp from a local store.
But, if you must have that plexi tone, get a plexi clone! Or an original, which would get quite expensive.

But, I think you'd really like a peavey classic 30. Especially with good tubes and a replacement speaker.

I'll loolk into the C30 I've played em before and they're ok. I reallllllllyyyy want a plexi but don't have 4500 bucks to blow on one. I've heard the Mig60 and the laney protube are great at doing plexi tones along with the traynors. I might get a windsor head or valveking if I must
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
(Invalid img)

there is a pic of the truck
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
(Invalid img)

Where's a pic of the cow?

And what do you think of the Windsor?
Quote by imgooley
Where's a pic of the cow?

And what do you think of the Windsor?

didn't take a pic of the cow though fortunatly it was pretty small.

I like the windsor but I think I'm gonna try and find a traynor YBA-1
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
(Invalid img)

Yeah, I want pics of the cow.

What kind of truck was that?
It looks a bit like a silverado, but it looks like a dodge too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I know it looks like a dodge after it got hit i was like wow lol. but yeah it was a silverado
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
yeah bostonrocks if i were you i'd go for a windsor combo, there the same price as the head, and you get the speaker too so whats the point in getting a head
edit: well i guess for speaker preference, it comes with a blue marvel, which you may not like, i've heard mixed stuff on that
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Page 1 of 2