Well, just recently, I picked up a little effects processor. It's a ZOOM 505II Guitar processor. I was wondering, what sort of setup should I use to get a tone close to Van Halen's sound?
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude.. i have a zoom that was given to me.. i don't even have it on my pedalboard cuz it sucked... for a beginner it'll be enough to find some crappy distortions, just to test out different effects... that's what i did with a digitech RP80.. then once you find some sounds you like, buy stompboxes with high quality effects for those used most frequently.. i ended up going from a 40 effect multieffect pedal down to a crybaby wah, Boss OS-2, and a Boss DS-1..

you will never get a van halen sound out of that thing...
Awesome, mine was given to me too. ^_^ But, umm... Yeah, I'm a beginner, still... Could I even get remotely close? and if so, how?
You'll want a Marshall amp effect if it has one, then Bass at 4/5 Mids at 3/4 Treble at 8/9.

Then you want to add your effects, go for a Phaser Flanger & Chorus and play with the settings you should get a VH type sound.

It won't be anythink like what you're expecting though so don't be disappointed.
Thanks man...

I won't be... I knew it would be hard and somewhat tedious to copy the sound exactly before I posted. I'm just looking for something in the ballpark.
Quote by CraZyB0y
Well, just recently, I picked up a little effects processor. It's a ZOOM 505II Guitar processor. I was wondering, what sort of setup should I use to get a tone close to Van Halen's sound?

Dude i have a 606, but my friend has a 505, only deference is that 606 have a foot-pedal, great one for the price.
No i don't know how to get the Van Halen's sound, but I think you'll be able to get it out of it for sure. It gives all the exact effects for Greenday's Boulevard of Broken Dreams!!!