Well pit, I was recently hired at a local gas station in town(Casey's ftw, I live in Iowa). My town has about 5000 people tops, and we have our state's lakes, so it's a tourist area in the summer. My question: have/do any of you work(ed) at a gas station? What should I expect? Difficulties? How bad does it suck? Discounts,..etc..
bad place to get robbed.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by calebrocker
bad place to get robbed.

do you have suggestions of places i can work that are good places to get robbed?
a gun store.
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Yeh, have fun getting held up every week. Other than that it's pretty easy. Except everyone steals petrol/gas now.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
really though, i had a friend who worked at the Jiffy down the road. He said it wasn't bad. You just get some pretty unfriendly people every now and then, but that's expected with any job.
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by TheClincher
hell, im starting $8 an hour, cant really complain

...that's less than minimum wage...
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
...that's less than minimum wage...

Depends on where you live. I'm in texas, and 8 an hour is quite nice (and what I make :P) for a part time job for a kid. Minimum wage is like 6.25 here, but moving upwards (should hit 8 by 2010)
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Quote by kyurah
Depends on where you live. I'm in texas, and 8 an hour is quite nice (and what I make :P) for a part time job for a kid. Minimum wage is like 6.25 here, but moving upwards (should hit 8 by 2010)

Minimum wage is $5.15 here
My brother worked at one for a couple of months, never got robbed, the only incident where he burnt himself I don't think you'd get any discounts, he didnt get any. I'd just be more aware of the whole; the gas station is the main place for robberies.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Min. Wage is like $6.75 an hour I think.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by TheClincher
hell, im starting $8 an hour, cant really complain

That is horrible! That what you should earn if your like 14 yrs old.

EDIT: Not even that. For the swedes that doesn't want to do the maths it 50 sek!!!
depends what you are doing. Pumping gas or working the till?

Pumping gas sucks, probably deal with some idiot people. Working the till is the same as any retail store. You deal with complainers and the like but its basically pretty easy.
i work at a gas station/ truck stop and it's pretty easy once you get the hang of things. never been robbed at gun point but i've had people try to steal stuff (got 7 people arrested for robbing some slot machines we have). worst part is the customers by far, sure there's lots of good ones but then you'll get one bad one that evens everything out. pretty sure the elderly are the worst, they're rude, get angry easily and generally should just die somewhere far away from me. i don't get discounts on anything but most people are convinced i get gas for free (i ****in wish!). i take fountain pops all the time and around christmas time the company gives us gift cards for wal-mart (yea big woo there) and gift cards for the store and i used mine for beer. remember to be fake and make the customers happy. have fun!
It's a place people like to rob because it' open 24/7 (correct me if I'm wrong). And it's quick and easy to access from a car. From what I've seen though it looks pretty safe if you do get robbed.

Aus$6.50 a game is what I earn. (Basketball by the way and games last like 40 minutes.)