Howdy

Following on to my last tab question (slide from or to 0) I would like some input on the following:

I am looking at Nothing Else Matter (Metallica) and was wondering how you play the following tab:

-7-
---
---
---
---
-0-

There are also other with open strings like this:

---
-7-
-7-
---
-5-
---

Thanks a mill (struggling a lot with my guitar at the mo)

Ross
You have to fingerpick that part, hit the 7 on the high E with your ring finger (or whatever feels comfortable) and the open E with your thumb, for the other one I'd hit those 7's on the B and G string together with my pointer finger and the 5 on the A with my thumb too.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Um thanks for that... I found avid and I have been trying to pick it not finger pick it.
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the stupid question.

Rpss
You're welcome, it's not a stupid question, this is what the guitar basics forum is for!
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
You don't need to finger pick it. You could mute all the strings you don't want to voice with your palm or fret fingers.

For example use your ring finger to hold down the seventh fret and use your index and middle finger to mute the remaining strings except the low e.

For the other chord: Use your pinky and ring finger to hold down the sevens. Use your index finger to hold down the fifth fret and mute the additional strings. If you want, you can always use your thumb to mute the low e string.