first off, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, couldn't find anywhere better to put it.

I'm playing glasgow kiss by john petrucci for my music HSC (end of school exam things) performance and ive been having a bit of trouble getting a tone to sound similar to his smooth lead tone on the track. Never been great at finding decent tone .

I'm playing through a cube 60, and at the moment using an epiphone sg, hoping to improve on that sometime soon. I use the neck pickup with moderate delay (cube effects), fairly high bass and mids and treble somewhere in the middle.

Any suggestions on how to improve my tone for this would be awesome
I named my acoustic guitar Paris, cause' its got a big hole
Well since petrucci's gear cost as much as a house it might be kind of hard, try lowering the bass a little.
use the recto (r-fier?) model, most likely. though for the lead, maybe the metal stack setting would be better? maybe even classic stack. to get it more smooth, turn up the mids and down the treble.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?