So I'm going to start doing some more shredding and stuff like that, and I've always heard everyone praising Ibanez. I've never played one of the high end Ibanez guitars but I have played the Dean Dimebag series and absolutely loved them. I was just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions, it will be a while before I get it so price range is pretty much up to about $3000.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
In my opinion, the Dean Dimebag series guitars look like ****. Infact, every Dean guitar looks ****. Try out an Ibanez, try out a Jackson, heck - try out a Fender... see what you prefer.

But if you like the Dimebag guitars, then by all means get one.
If you got 3000$ I'll come punch you in the face personally if you go for a Dime guitar.
But seriously for that kinda money you could get way better than any ibanez or dean, I suggest you try either some ESP's, PRS(you'll thank yourself later) Soloist Jacksons, or Fender. These brands are considered to be very good and I've never experienced any trouble with any of them, they play great mostly and sound very good(though I'm sure pickup changes will be an option with your budget and taste)
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Hmmm...I'll have to check out one of the PRS or Jacksons, I've played an ESP and to me, it really wasn't up to the standard that I expected from all the hype. It could have been a low end one though. : \ I'm not really a fan of Fender though, I played my friend's Strat with a Seymour Duncan Hotrail in the bridge and wasn't impressed.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by crackhutch
Hmmm...I'll have to check out one of the PRS or Jacksons, I've played an ESP and to me, it really wasn't up to the standard that I expected from all the hype. It could have been a low end one though. : \ I'm not really a fan of Fender though, I played my friend's Strat with a Seymour Duncan Hotrail in the bridge and wasn't impressed.

Was it an LTD? Well Fenders have a way different character than what you're looking for but I find they have a charm entirely their own wich I do like somehow. Some way when I played a Vai Ibanez Jr(the bit fake one) it just felt so right. I didn't play a real one yet but I don't think they'll feel much different since they both have the same neck. It is worth a try, so go to a good store and try everything they got.
Oh yeah, I just saw shecters too they might be worth a try as well.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Jun 24, 2008,
Maybe you could try a Jackson Kevin bond signature? Nice guitar thought.
Or ESP / Schecter (high end series...)
I think just about 95% of UG will tell you to get an Ibanez for shred and have the pickups replaced haha. This is pretty damn good advice however i would also look into higher end Schecter's as they make amazing guitars.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
get a j5(john 5) signature fender telecaster. there are 3 different models but any will do, and they'll run you about $900, so you can get yourself a halfstack too
Get any guitar you want that you feel comfortable with; any guitar can be a shred guitar, it all depends on the player.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Right now, I'm thinking a 60s style Les Paul modded with a Floyd Rose and a Seymour Duncan Blackout in the bridge. If I put aside about $240 a month, by the time my college is over I'll be at about $5750. I've already got a 6505 half stack setup so I'm looking for a good guitar to go with it, other than my SG.
i would say with that price range, you should try some ESP's (not ltd's).
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.