well im going to buy a new guitar and its between a prs se custom or the prs paul allender sig. guitar center's description says the se custom has a fat neck while the sig has a thin neck. i plan on playing fast, shred solos so will the thin neck make a difference?
You get used to what you play, I'm also against playing sigs. Cause they're made for a certain guitarist, meaning someone else and not you. Still this doesn't take away the fact they can be very good. I suggest you try em both anyway.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
It all depends on your hand size really. It might be hard to play on a really thin neck if you have a huge hand, visa versa.
Well if you play with your fingers a wide neck(ibanez have very slim but wide necks) will be best but since you're going for shred I doubt you'd play with anything else than a pick.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
What do you mean, Fretboard? Fingerpicking? Because the neck would have nothing to do with the picking hand - no difference weather your using a pick or fingers.
Quote by BGSM
What do you mean, Fretboard? Fingerpicking? Because the neck would have nothing to do with the picking hand - no difference weather your using a pick or fingers.

it does, picking with fingers is easier if you have a wide neck. I can play with both fingers and pick and the difference is very noticable. The strings being further apart makes it easier.
UG's Flamenco Club
i have average size hands and i own a PRS SE Custom. its a wicked guitar, just needs locking tuners. the neck is decently fast and doesn't seem that big. just try it, if you like it i would definitely buy it, it's by far the best guitar in the mid-range prices.