Page 1 of 4
Alright before i begin. please have respect and only serious answers. thanks.

well, i was at work when i get a call from my gf. shes crying and can barely speak. turns out someone stole 4,600 dollars in cash from her room. she had it there and not in the bank so she could save it up and not spend it. she had been saving this money working minimum wage for our future and schooling (i have money saved as well). well she had the money in 2 envelopes (the money didnt fit in one) in her clothes drawer. when she got home in order to add more from her pay check into it, she saw that it was missing. she said the last time she saw the money in there was about 2 weeks ago. so we ended up calling the police and i talked to him personally and he said from man to man, more than likely she will never see it again. we gave the officer information, and her cousin, brother, her and i have narrowed it down to 3 people. it was either her aunt or her kids, or a friend that needed a place to stay because he recently lost his wife and job. now her aunt and kids have in fact stole from the house before, and the "friend" that stays with them (we HIGHLY suspect) already stole forty bucks from my girlfriends cousins wallet. we didnt know what to do, i was freaken pissed, and my girlfriend can't stop crying. she worked VERY VERY hard for that money and it sucks to think that someone in a second took all she earned over the years.
i felt so bad that i just straight out came out to the "friend" and asked if he took it. he replied no, and even put it on his son. he gave a lengthy argue it wasnt him, but we still have our high doubts. as i type right now, we asked our "friend" to drop someone off so we can search his stuff while hes gone. i dont know what to do, it feels horrible to see my girlfriend go through that, what can i do? i am willing to buy a lie detector test and test our suspects just so we can see the truth. what do i do? please help. thanks.
Shotguns for the lot of them at 10 meters?
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Quote by filthandfury
Beat the answer out of people with a stick.

This one.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Chinese Water Torture.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Seriously, there is not muchj you can do, and rifling through his stuff is highly illegal. She really isn't very smart for keeping it in her room unlocked, she had 4600 in a draw, she could have bought a safe for 80 bucks. IMO, tough ****, learn and move on.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
That's so terrible. My sympathies to your girlfriend man.

First, you need to go with your instincts and completely interrogate and search the people who you think are the prime suspects. I don't know if the aunt is sketchy, but the kids might be, so you may want to look there first.

If you can have the police extend their power to get some searches/interrogations done with the three suspects, do so immediately. Don't waste any time in trying to get the money back. If it is gone for more than a couple of days, it might just be gone for good.

And lastly, hard-earned money is something that remains faithful to the owner. I am sure your girlfriend will get it all back. Have some hope.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by SuperiorToYou
Polygraph.

If they refuse to do one, then you know who took the money.

not neccissarily...
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

Quote by JBOX
she had it there and not in the bank so she could save it up and not spend it.

That's what savings accounts are for. It sucks that the money got snagged and I hope you get it back, but she brought it upon herself.
Quote by Shirate
Seriously, there is not muchj you can do, and rifling through his stuff is highly illegal. She really isn't very smart for keeping it in her room unlocked, she had 4600 in a draw, she could have bought a safe for 80 bucks. IMO, tough ****, learn and move on.

Really though, the guy is looking for some consolation. If you're going to suggest "tough shit, move on," that's not really helpful.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
To be honest it was bound to happen if you keep $4,600 dollars unsafe...

I mean come on. Why would you not put it in a bank?
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
If you put enough pressure on the suspects, saying you're dealing with the police etc, there's a very real chance they will reveal if they did it or not in their body language and the way they act around you.

It sucks what happened though, my brothers have stolen money from me in the past (only like £250 at a time, so nothing quite as serious as your problem), and it's a horrible thing to experience.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

sorry to hear man but take action immediately, if someone steals once they will steal again! some people just have no self control. i would just interrogate them until one of them cracks, make them think you got evidence pointing to who actually did it and maybe they'll crack. if you do get the money back then you need to be more responsible with it, that's a lot of money to have just sitting around especially with shady people living with you. good luck man
Quote by SuperiorToYou
Well why would they refuse?

Because they might find the notion that they're not trusted insulting and rediculous.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

That's terrible what happened, but really. If she were to put it in the bank she would have gotten more money from the interest it would accumulate, there is seriously no advantage to keeping it in such an unsafe place.
my response:

Safe: 40$
Camera system: 150$
12 Gauge Coach Gun: 200$
Louisville Slugger: 30$
Polygraph: (not sure, check at your local police station)

getting to catch someone the polygraph, beat the **** outta them with your pretty new baseball bat, shoot them with your shiny new 12 gauge, and keep your **** safe for the future: ****ING PRICELESS!

and yes this is a serious answer

Your girlfriend is an idiot for keeping nearly five grand in her room rather than in a bank with some sort of safe.
Quote by Lead_for_life
my response:

getting to catch someone the polygraph, beat the **** outta them with your pretty new baseball bat, shoot them with your shiny new 12 gauge, and keep your **** safe for the future: ****ING PRICELESS!

Wait, you were serious?

hahahaha
Quote by Lead_for_life
my response:

Safe: 40$
Camera system: 150$
12 Gauge Coach Gun: 200$
Louisville Slugger: 30$
Polygraph: (not sure, check at your local police station)

Quote by GLP_Arclite

No, i just said i was serious for the hell of it...

of course im serious!!

you can do it! blow his ****in head off!!!
Alienate everyone. Simply tell them that you know they stole from (this time or the previous) and keep them out of your lives. If you don't NEED them, in your life, then kick them out. As for the kids, beat their asses, check their rooms, and beat their asses again. From now on, keep the money in a savings account, NOT in a checking account. Also, beat their asses. You also might want to consider renter's insurance to cover theft. As for the money, ask everyone for loans because you are broke now. Make it something around a few hundred bucks. More than likely, the adult that didn't steal will not have money to loan. The one that did will be quick to say yes to gain favor from you during your search.
Quote by darkstar2466
That's so terrible. My sympathies to your girlfriend man.

First, you need to go with your instincts and completely interrogate and search the people who you think are the prime suspects. I don't know if the aunt is sketchy, but the kids might be, so you may want to look there first.

If you can have the police extend their power to get some searches/interrogations done with the three suspects, do so immediately. Don't waste any time in trying to get the money back. If it is gone for more than a couple of days, it might just be gone for good.

And lastly, hard-earned money is something that remains faithful to the owner. I am sure your girlfriend will get it all back. Have some hope.

What he said. Make sure you explore the possibilities, because that's quite a bit of money.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
...and I thought a slow computer was a bad day...

I've had some good friends steal from me. Well, just one, really. I don't talk to him anymore. He stole my iPod and said he didn't have it. I was at his house one day, and it fell out of his pocket, so I took it back. He also stole some video games of mine, and maybe some of my brother's games, too. And other various things I haven't noticed. But not even over maybe $100 worth of stuff...

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and I might add: Karma. Whoever stole it was probably looking for drug money or to pay off debts. Why else would somebody steal money? To donate it to charity?

So, they end up getting shot to death in a bad drug deal, or maybe overdose on whatever drug they use. And the police find the money, and you can get it back. At least, I think you could...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Last edited by E V H 5150 at Jun 24, 2008,
Just sayin man....

lol

if you just lost about five grand, would you not do everything i just stated?
Yeah, it's partly her own fault for keeping so much money unprotected. She could have at least separated in a few envelopes so less would have been at risk.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by JBOX
she worked VERY VERY hard for that money

*interprets wrong*

no seriously that really sucks ass. I've no idea besides torturing them, still I think it's stupid to keep that much money in your room but well that's her choice. I'm sure you'll get something out of them though, but stealing from your family and friends... man that's low.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
If you can get them to take a polygraph test (lie detector), if they didn't do it they'll have nothing to lose.
Or, beat them to within an inch of their life until one of them fesses up.
Your choice.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
That definitely sucks, I don't think there's anything you can do though except try and get her to learn form this. I mean, isn't easier to take money out of an envelope that's right next to you everyday than having to go to a bank, wait in line, fill out a form to get the money?

I don't know an immediate solution, but definitely tell her to start a savings account or invest in a safe if she's gonna do that again.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by Lead_for_life
Just sayin man....

lol

if you just lost about five grand, would you not do everything i just stated?

No.

If you weren't screwed by losing five grand, you certainly would be after severely injuring someone (a family member for crying out loud) that could easily identify you.

For a post like that, you deserve three rolleyed smilies.

Also, when are we getting that facepalm smiley?
sorry man, that's really f*cked. if you may find the money or save some money the next time just bring it to the bank! why shouldn't you do that. you even get some interest too. so I don't see why you wouldn't do that.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Shouldn't the title of this thread be $0 problem?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws
Shouldn't the title of this thread be $0 problem?

Quote by GLP_Arclite

My regards to you and your girlfriend.

If I found the people who did this, I would personally hurt them.
Theres not really a whole lot you can do without solid evidence (and even then that can only get you so far) however i find it hard to feel bad for anyone stupid enough to leave that much cash sitting around unprotected.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'm sorry to hear, but it would of made more sense to put it in the bank and she would have got interest as well.
Page 1 of 4