hmm...for the guitar you've got $1200 to spend. Therefore, I cannot see why you would want an overpriced Dave Mustaine sig or a guitar with a flame decal lol. Dean guitars can say what they want but just because some cheap Korean made guitar has flames or wings on it doesn't make it a metal guitar.

My two cents, invest in an Ibanez prestige and switch out the pickups for whatever you want with the money you'll save instead of buying the Dean. Depending on what shape, body material, neck type and trem your into, check out the RG (basswood/Wizard neck) and S (mahogany/Wizard II neck) series prestige. S series has the ZRII trem, whilst most RG's now have the Edge Zero, with both being friggin' awesome trem systems.

Amp wise, you didn't provide your bands influences or music type, so I therefore can suggest what I want. ENGL Powerball or special edition or a Mesa Mark IV. If your a real metal dude, maybe a used Peavey 5150 or a 6505.

Hope I've helped but at the end of the day, get out and try as many guitar and amps combos as possible to decide what's right for you.
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at Jun 24, 2008,
angel of death. the best looking mustaine sig guitar, IMO.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Angel of Deth! \m/
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5
Quote by Lrn2shrd69
hmm...for the guitar you've got $1200 to spend. Therefore, I cannot see why you would want an overpriced Dave Mustaine sig or a guitar with a flame decal lol. Dean guitars can say what they want but just because some cheap Korean made guitar has flames or wings on it doesn't make it a metal guitar.

My two cents, invest in an Ibanez prestige and switch out the pickups for whatever you want with the money you'll save instead of buying the Dean. Depending on what shape, body material, neck type and trem your into, check out the RG (basswood/Wizard neck) and S (mahogany/Wizard II neck) series prestige. S series has the ZRII trem, whilst most RG's now have the Edge Zero, with both being friggin' awesome trem systems.

Amp wise, you didn't provide your bands influences or music type, so I therefore can suggest what I want. ENGL Powerball or special edition or a Mesa Mark IV. If your a real metal dude, maybe a used Peavey 5150 or a 6505.

Hope I've helped but at the end of the day, get out and try as many guitar and amps combos as possible to decide what's right for you.

agreed. if you're after a metal tone, you should be willing to spend at least as much, if not more, on the amp as the guitar- therefore if you're willing to spend $1200 on the guitar, you should be willing to spend $1200+ on the amp to get a quality high gain tube amp. I also agree that signature models are usually over-priced, though I haven't tried either of those two. An ibanez MIJ prestige would be a nice choice, but you have a lot of options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lrn2shrd69

Agreed 100%. I hate to sound like I'm flaming, but I can't think of any situation where a Dean would be a good choice...

Anyway, +1 to the S or RG Prestige... I'd take a look at a Jackson SL3, or maybe some kind of Carvin as well.
Ick...
Dean....
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Quote by Lrn2shrd69

I'll side with that. Ibbi prestiges are very reliable and pretty damned affordable as well.

EDIT: Just don't trust in any of the cheaper RG models... They're all talk.
Quote by leviticus_22953
angel of death. the best looking mustaine sig guitar, IMO.

i second this statement
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.