hey guys! im going to apply for a music scholarship at a fancy school sometime during august.

i have to audition something solo

any pieces that are going to impress??

im into avenged sevenfold and bullet.... i can play somewhat fast stuff like the beast and the harlot solo but id rather not when i audition cause even thou i can play it good most the time i know i will get nervous and screw up when i audition... so id rather play something somewhat slow i was thinking of maybe playing the seize the day solo?

ohk i dont know. please help me??
Aren't they looking for good technique? The Seize The Day solo isn't exactly hard, while getting the emotion right is hard, you're better off playing something longer with even more emotion.

I Cannot Tell A Lie by Paul Gilbert's pretty good, fast bits here and there too to impress.

EDIT: Also, if you're applying to a nice music school and hoping for a scholarship, A7X solos won't get you in there, especially if you can't nail the Beast And The Harlot solo.
Last edited by XianXiuHong at Jun 24, 2008,
Try
Always with me, Always with you - Joe Satriani

It's not too hard to play and sounds good.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by XianXiuHong
Aren't they looking for good technique? The Seize The Day solo isn't exactly hard, while getting the emotion right is hard, you're better off playing something longer with even more emotion.

I Cannot Tell A Lie by Paul Gilbert's pretty good, fast bits here and there too to impress.

That's a load of crap IMHO. You don't play the emotion. You put your own into it.
Never gonna give you up - rick astley.
Ibanez rg350 DX
My precious, my lovely.
play Some vivaldi
or some other classical stuff

you'll be in

cuz they dont wana hear anything around the lines of A7X
Like A Hurricane - Neil Young, 7 minute song which is awesome with awesome solo thats not too hard
Quote by XianXiuHong
Why should I jump into an unnecessary argument? Neither of our opinions will be changed and we'll end up disliking each other.

Not much use?

Arguement? I would have tried to lead it more to a discussion. I just think that "learnign someone else's emotion" when learning their solo is, well, a load of rubbish. I'd be more impressed with someone who was visibly enjoying their playing, as opposed to playing Seize the Day with their eyes closed, trying to look all deep and melancholy.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Arguement? I would have tried to lead it more to a discussion. I just think that "learnign someone else's emotion" when learning their solo is, well, a load of rubbish. I'd be more impressed with someone who was visibly enjoying their playing, as opposed to playing Seize the Day with their eyes closed, trying to look all deep and melancholy.

Oh, if that's what you mean, yeah, I do agree with you, you shouldn't copy someone's playing style, you should develop your own, I meant that trying to get the FEELING for the solo right for yourself, instead of copying Synyster's (it's rubbish anyway) adding your own twist to a solo's always good for improving and enjoying your playing.

I'm such a hypocrite