I'm getting pretty hacked off, I have this strange string rattle on my Stingray 5 E and A strings, it's not fret rattle, it's something else, it's strange, because it some times goes away and then it's back. I used to only get it on the A string, but I changed strings to try and fix that. now it's on both, it's possible that I did something wrong when re-stringing, but I can't see what. I really need help, it's pretty much makes the bass unplayable
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
maybe when you restrung it, you did something to the nut.
with mine, i have a similar problem, and its because i accidentally widened the gap at the nut when i was restringing.
have a look and see if thats what it is.
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
Quote by nick_b
maybe when you restrung it, you did something to the nut.
with mine, i have a similar problem, and its because i accidentally widened the gap at the nut when i was restringing.
have a look and see if thats what it is.

How would I check that?

Anyway the strings I got where Roto Standard gauge
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
You might have also not wound the strings low enough and theres not enough pressure to keep them solid in the slot.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
same problem here. My bass came with a .110 Tapewound E string, and I put on a .105, now it rattles like hell whenever playing hard. Gonna take it into my local guitar shop and get them to sort it out.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.