sorry im not sure if i should put this in here or customization but i was just curious if there is a tool i need to buy to get these babys off , i have one that isnt on in the right spot so its off from the other tone knob and i really dont want to hurt my guitar messing with it , any suggestions?
lol well dont let the name fool you , i have an american strat , bout 1000$ on sale so i really would rather not shake it loose haha
You should be able to just pull them off.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
ive tried using a little force to just pull it off but it doesnt really feel like it wants to give , cmon seriously they have to make a tool for this right? anyone? , id rather not risk damaging anything
Look if you can find a screwhole on the side of the knob, unscrew it and pull it out.
Gear: ESP Horizon
use a spoon to gently lever the knob up and off, working around the knob bit by bit. put a soft cloth between the guitar body and the spoon to avoid marking the body.

don't force it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
If they are regular plastic knobs they just pop off. Sometimes they dont want to come off so easy. If they are metal or you see a little screw hole in the side then they use a set screw. There are many methods, socks, spoons, knives etc for getting the presson ones off. But this tool works best.
Just give it a good enough tug and they should pop right off.

some even make a little comical "pop" noise.