So I'm going to be buying a new amp soon and I don't really know what to get. I play pretty much just metal and metalcore. I like bullet for my valentine, as i lay dying, protest the hero, trivium, etc... that sort of stuff.

My budget is anywhere from 800-1400 depending on what's there. I was looking at some tube combos and half stacks, but I just don't know where to really start with them.
used Mesa Dual Recto, Mesa Mark III or IV, Krank or Peavey 5150/6506. here you have a bit to look at.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by metricalmetal
I couldn't find any of the mesas at guitar center. Anyone else have any advice?

have you tried craglist or ebay?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by metricalmetal
I don't really want to buy anything used.

Why!? If you buy used you got more for your money.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by metricalmetal
I don't really want to buy anything used.

TS with a budget of $1400 you are pretty limited on what you can buy new, As far new goes, Peavey 6505 combo, or 6505 head with an Avatar Cab, mabe a peavey XXX, but with the XXX what you have left won't get much of a cab ,XXX is comparable to Mesa Daul Rectifier, but the Mesa has an edge over it in verastilty. If you already have a cab a Mesa boogie Single Rectifier head is 1400 new, and IMO is an awesome and very verastile amp that can basicily do any thing well, but is limited to only One Channel. If you go used the world is your oystar, and personally thats the road I would take, I would look for a Daul or Tripple Rectifier head with an Avatar cab. Or posible a peavey JSX combo, just becasue combos are so much easier to lug around then those big 412 cabs. If you went used you can find 6505 and 5150 combos and cabs all over ebay and you could probably come in towards the bottom of your budget.
Quote by Johnbryant
TS with a budget of $1400 you are pretty limited on what you can buy new, As far new goes, Peavey 6505 combo, or 6505 head with an Avatar Cab, mabe a peavey XXX, but with the XXX what you have left won't get much of a cab ,XXX is comparable to Mesa Daul Rectifier, but the Mesa has an edge over it in verastilty. If you already have a cab a Mesa boogie Single Rectifier head is 1400 new, and IMO is an awesome and very verastile amp that can basicily do any thing well, but is limited to only One Channel. If you go used the world is your oystar, and personally thats the road I would take, I would look for a Daul or Tripple Rectifier head with an Avatar cab. Or posible a peavey JSX combo, just becasue combos are so much easier to lug around then those big 412 cabs. If you went used you can find 6505 and 5150 combos and cabs all over ebay and you could probably come in towards the bottom of your budget.

The single recto is a 2 channel amp.
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/The_Single_Rectifiers/The_Solo_50_Head/the_solo_50_head.html

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
^ Yeah I ment the Single Rectifier only had one OD channel, unklike the Dual which has two OD Channels, and the triple which has three. Thanks for clearifing that. Yes Single Rectifer has a clean channel and an OD channel fully switchable and all that jazz.
Quote by Johnbryant

This... trust us...
Quote by helsinki_vampir
Why!? If you buy used you got more for your money.

I'm hesitant in buying stuff from ebay, what if I buy it and it breaks down on me!?!? I don't live near a guitar shop to get it fixed. I also like to try **** out before I buy it.
Quote by metricalmetal
I'm hesitant in buying stuff from ebay, what if I buy it and it breaks down on me!?!? I don't live near a guitar shop to get it fixed. I also like to try **** out before I buy it.

then search for stuff thats in your area. and if you say you don't have a store near you that what happen if the stuff you buy new breaks? and btw mesa amps are reliable as a ****ing tank. I dropped my mark III from a table and only one powertube fell out of its socket. it didn't even break the freaking tube. and if there is something wrong with your mesa, the guys in the factory are more then willing to help you. just go to the mesa site go to contact and you will get help.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2