I've never used a hotplate and I've been looking at the THD Hot Plate for my re-issue '57 Fender Deluxe. Does anyone know if it will work with this amp? It says to connect the speaker output to the hotplate but I'm not exactly sure wtf that means considering im a nubcake. Can anyone help?
Quote by JimmehHunter
what is a hotplate?

absorbs power so you can jack up your amp without crazy volume levels.

i think the simple explanation is to think of a cab and head setup. you would run the out on the head to the hot plate and then run the out of the hotplate to the cab. you can do the same thing with a combo, just a little more tedious wiring i think.
Dude, you really shouldn't need an attenuator with a 12W amp.

Anyway, what it means is that you put the hotplate between the amp's output and the speaker. If the speaker on there unplugs, that makes it easier. You plug the hotplate into the speaker out, and the speaker into the hotplate. If the speaker doesn't unplug, then you'll probably have to install a 1/4" jack to make it work.

But again, an attenuator for a 12W amp?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
lol you only need an attenuator for half stack purposes. beside what makes you want a hotplate. these things are not cheap. i was lucky to get one for only 210. they go around 380 brand new last time i checked
not totally true - if I had a 40 watt Fender Hot Rod Delux Combo for example I would contemplate an attenuator.

PS. I'm not that familiar with the Hot Plates but this site gives some good explanations, applications and examples and the Webers seem highly recommended around here.

http://www.tedweber.com/atten.htm
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 24, 2008,
Get the 25 watt minimass
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by kckyle
lol you only need an attenuator for half stack purposes. beside what makes you want a hotplate. these things are not cheap. i was lucky to get one for only 210. they go around 380 brand new last time i checked
Baloney, I use an attenuator with a 5w combo.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Baloney, I use an attenuator with a 5w combo.

hmmm baloney sandwich DAMN IT i still haven't eat breakfast yet .

why in the hell would you need an attenuator for a 5w combo.
Quote by kckyle
hmmm baloney sandwich DAMN IT i still haven't eat breakfast yet .

why in the hell would you need an attenuator for a 5w combo.
because I live in a house with people...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.