ok, I'm going out to buy a guiar capo today, and the lowest price is $2.25, however, im not sure if a capo that cheap is gonna last very long (my friend's cost $20). So does the quality matter? and the type? which type is better, for example I saw this one with a spring, so all you do is push the handle down and it clips on (i tihnk the brand is G7 or somthing like that).
And whatk inda quality should i look for, or material, that will last long, have good sound, not damage my guitar/strings/itself, and is at a reasonable price (preferrably less than $5)?
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!
d00d...buy one of those dunlop capos...one of those that you just push the handle and clip it on your guitar's neck. I payed 16€ for it but it's good(I lost it on Friday's gig tho )
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
good idea, to get a good capo you will probably spend anywhere from 20-25$ on it. For 2.25 you would probably be buy something that resembles a rubber band (not kdding). It's an elastic band with some sort of cover over it.
lol that sucks...you lost it? yeah i lose my picks all the time...but idk...the material, does it really matter? those handle ones seem easier to use though

i am an avid capo user, and i have several shubbs, kysers, a G7th, etc. the kyser is a good overall capo, but its clunky in its looks and it is ungainly and awkward, more geared for accoustic, but quick acting and plays well. the shubb is sleek and low profile, with the best action of any capo ive seen as far as string pressure and tuning issues, the G7th is also relatively low profile and has good action, and can perform partial (only 3 strings, etc.) grips. overall, you want it to be comfortable and not mess up your tuning when you use it. i would suggest the shubb or the G7th. they are both great for electric as well as accoustic and look great and perform great. but the kyser is also good in a pinch and cheap. any of these three and you'll be ok. havent tried the dunlop or the rollers.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Last edited by Y0UNGBL00D at Jun 24, 2008,
mmh idk if long and mcquades will have em, but ill check anyways thanks!

Might want to take a look at the Glider Capo. More expensive in regards to some capos, but the ability to be able to change positions relatively quickly as well as being able to slide it just over the nut made the choice fairly simple for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo__FVbZSww
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
omgosh....that is AMAZING!!!!!!! ITS ALMOST AS COOL AS A FLOATING FRIDGE! ...how much is that gonna cost lol? besides i dont really usecapos a lot, and if I do, i wouldnt be sliding it around much lol

I think they retail around $24USD. I got mine for less, but that's because I met the guy in person.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."