Named and shamed:

Dave Grohl:

Duff McKagen:

Krist Novoselic:

Slash:

James Hetfield:

Random Google image result for "low guitar":

I'll tell you what I think- I think it's ridiculous to the point of being hilarious. I remember when I first started playing, I hung my guitar so low, like as low as those guys above do, because it seemed 'cool' etc. However, as I got better at playing, and started playing more advanced stuff, I started to find it really, really difficult to play with my guitar hung so low. Started getting wrist cramps and stuff. I mean, I've even read that some of these people have had to seek medical treatment for their prolonged and repetitive poor posture. Which doesn't surprise me. It's also why a lot of these guys sound like crap, live. I bet they sit down in the studio to record. I've noted that in recent years, Slash has his guitar a bit higher. Watch an older video of him when it's round his ankles, he makes so many mistakes and his playing is so sloppy that it's embarrassing to watch.

Krist Novoselic looks like he can just about reach his strings with his plucking hand, and Duff McKagen's bass is so low that it's not even in the picture. That last guy is just some random nobody, I think. I Google image searched "low guitar", and saw him. He had to be included, lol. Don't know who you are, buddy, but you are (un)named and shamed! What do you people think? I think anyone who wears their guitar that low is just a pompous faggot. Nothing more. I understand that looking good on stage is part of the whole 'performance' shebang, and I'm not saying that you have to have the guitar right under your chin like a violin. If you can flop your penis out over your guitar- it's too low. Just raise it a bit. You'll find it easier to play, you'll sound better, and you won't develop serious medical issues in the future which will cast doubt on your continued ability to play..
I think you're the pompous faggot if you feel the need to make a thread on an internet forum whining about people's personal preference with regard to how low their guitar is strapped.

I don't strap mine round my ankles either, but you don't see me "naming and shaming" people who do.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by timi_hendrix
I think you're the pompous faggot if you feel the need to make a thread on an internet forum whining about people's personal preference with regard to how low their guitar is strapped.

I don't strap mine round my ankles either, but you don't see me "naming and shaming" people who do.

lol. thats what i thought.
Check out Tony Rombola from Godsmack, his guitar is just as low as Slash's usually and he plays flawless live.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
named and shamed? cmon...give us a break!
now you think you're cool huh?
For me it's easier to play my guitar that low.
I got my 2nd guitar now and only got some shorter strap(still comes down to my legs) and I just can't play it.

Edit: +1 to Timi
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
to be honest as long as when they play live they can play their songs i don't give a f*ck how low or high the guitar is slung.

it doesn't really matter that much.

look at james hetfield his guitar is slung low yeah but the stuff he is able to play on it is incredible.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
let me guess . . . You're a Franz Ferdinand fan...

GTFO
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
You have a point but yeah, you got owned
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Quote by druz15_UG
let me guess . . . You're a Franz Ferdinand fan...

GTFO

What's wrong with Franz Ferdinand fans may I ask?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Vandals572

Look! His guitar is so low that it's not in the picture!!!!

I see what you did there....
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Quote by Zero-Hartman
What's wrong with Franz Ferdinand fans may I ask?

Absolutely nothing, my good man... except the song Michael.

And so what if you don't like it? Does that mean that no one else can do it? I don't like to cut the excess length of string off when I put a new string on. I'm gonna go make a thread about how "shameful" it is to do so.

Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Wow , what's with all of the hating ?

Dude has got a good point.

Yeah it might be cool to have the guitar that low but it's certainly not a good healthy posture.

Props to the people that pull it of good though.