how can schecter and Bc rich have guitars with OFRs, neck through, EMG,s and mahogony for prices around 700-800 while the rest has those feautres for X2 the price. Secret deals with FR and EMG?
The country where they are manufactured. If you bought the usa version of the instrument you WOULD spend twice that amount or more.
i guess your paying for a name too, but apart from that, guitar prices are pretty extortionate...
Quote by lefthandman9876
its because they suck.

you suck
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Quote by MAKETHEMSUFFER!
you suck

Aye.

B.C. Rich gets enough crap.

save it for dean folks!
Because they're made in Korea.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Bazilisck311

/thread
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by devit
how can schecter and Bc rich have guitars with OFRs, neck through, EMG,s and mahogony for prices around 700-800 while the rest has those feautres for X2 the price. Secret deals with FR and EMG?

Look on the back of the headstock and look for 'Made in China' or 'Made in Korea'... And there's your answer. American made instruments are almost extortionate by comparison (You compare the BC Kerry King sig V for some £800... Gibson put out their flying V for a similar price, and is a touch under-equipped in comparison), but there's differences there, too - at least with a US made guitar, it won't break down as easily on the whole.
EDIT: Bugger, beaten to it. Ah well.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
American factory workers make far more per hour in wages than they do in places like korea and china. So a guitar made here is going to cost much more than one made overseas. Its funny how people here like to make good wages so they can buy things, but dont want to pay the price of products made here by americans making good wages. Cant have it both ways.
Quote by Bazilisck311

Korean guitar are pretty good.
IIRC, mid-priced (£400 - £600. Note the £, NOT $) Korean guitars are generally good quality (there are some bad eggs though) - and my Ibanez is an example. The quality is superb. Everything is well made, the frets, binding, the neck is perfect, the trem cavities are extremely accurate and not sloppy, the paint is good, etc.
Although the electrics look a little bit messy. But it's a dream - not a single mistake, just like a higher priced model (MIJ, MIA) IMO.

Cheaper Korean guitar are, however, not so good.

Although, this is just from experience, so I may be wrong.
It's Chinese, Indonesian, and lower Korean ones that are used for good spec'd guitars at a lower price, but not so good quality.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by Simsimius
Korean guitar are pretty good.
IIRC, mid-priced (£400 - £600. Note the £, NOT $) Korean guitars are generally good quality (there are some bad eggs though) - and my Ibanez is an example. The quality is superb. Everything is well made, the frets, binding, the neck is perfect, the trem cavities are extremely accurate and not sloppy, the paint is good, etc.
Although the electrics look a little bit messy. But it's a dream - not a single mistake, just like a higher priced model (MIJ, MIA) IMO.

Cheaper Korean guitar are, however, not so good.

Although, this is just from experience, so I may be wrong.
It's Chinese, Indonesian, and lower Korean ones that are used for good spec'd guitars at a lower price, but not so good quality.

I don't recall saying Korean guitars were terrible.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer