Hey,

I made a thread a while back about whether a G-400 or an SG Prophecy was better, and I decided on the Prophecy. However, I was only making that choice because I thought the 1966 limited edition G-400 had been discontinued.

Apparently, it's back. So now I'm back to choosing between the 1966 Limited Edition and the SG Prophecy GX. I play classic rock, regular rock, and some metal, but I go into pretty much every genre (except country). Is the Prophecy really worth the extra $250? I'm hoping to play whichever I get through a Roland Cube 20.

Links for both:

1966: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-1966-G-400-Electric-Guitar-102676350-i1166714.gc

Prophecy: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-SG-Prophecy-GX-Electric-Guitar-with-Dirty-Fingers-Pickups-515619-i1386471.gc
get the Prophecy
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
the 66 is an amazing guitar, but I love the looks of the finish on the Prophecy. Go with the G-400, you still have plenty of room to upgrade the pickups if it is not to your liking, which you probably would not be able to on the prophecy for a while due to the difference in price.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
The prophecy looks great (especially that finish), but TBH the dirty fingers won't be the most versatile of humbuckers - High-output, ceramic. It'll do metal and anything hi-gain brilliantly, but don't expect to be able to pull off BB king style blues on it. Go with the G-400.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
The prophecy looks great (especially that finish), but TBH the dirty fingers won't be the most versatile of humbuckers - High-output, ceramic. It'll do metal and anything hi-gain brilliantly, but don't expect to be able to pull off BB king style blues on it. Go with the G-400.

I don't know, the Dirty Fingers pickups can coil-tap into single-coils. Maybe I could get a good clean sound from that if need be?

And ginjaninja, they aren't in my local stores, so that might hinder my ability to play them.
Quote by -Blue-
I don't know, the Dirty Fingers pickups can coil-tap into single-coils. Maybe I could get a good clean sound from that if need be?

And ginjaninja, they aren't in my local stores, so that might hinder my ability to play them.

Well if they have a coil tap on them i think you would be fine going with the Prophecy.
Quote by KOL40
Well if they have a coil tap on them i think you would be fine going with the Prophecy.

The Prophecy looks awesome and probably sounds awesome, too, but would it be worth an extra $250? I just don't want to overspend, I don't make a lot of money...

My god, I really wish I could just play these things.
Quote by -Blue-
The Prophecy looks awesome and probably sounds awesome, too, but would it be worth an extra $250? I just don't want to overspend, I don't make a lot of money...

My god, I really wish I could just play these things.

That would be a decision for you to make.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD