Which do you think is better? My friend says Weed and I say Beer here's why.

Beer : Cheap
Not illegal so no worries
Tastes nice
Available anywhere

Weed : So many different types it just gets confusing
You can get conned with similair looking things such as mint or oragano(spl?)
quite expensive
you have to watch your back when smoking it
it's illegal

What are your opinions?

lets start a debate!
You've sort of answered your own question there. Everything in the alcohol bit is a pro, and all in the weed bit is a con

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
God, not this thread again...
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I like weed much better. I think it's cheaper though. Sure your paying more but most of the time you don't smoke it all at once so it's not that bad. Weed tastes nice. Beer is more convenient though but if I had a lot of weed and beer in front of me and had to choose I'd take the weed.
i love beer and salvia both are good and make you do funny s***
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
Quote by walkinbazooka
God, not this thread again...

A big +1 to that.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
As much as I hate to contribute to pointless arguments, I'd have to say Weed.
Here's why:
-No Hangovers
-Soothes Nausea
-Physiologically less addictive than caffeine
-Helps regain appetite
-No one has EVER died from overdose. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Personally, a cureall
-Helps to appreciate music more
-A very social drug
-Relieves Stress (and not in the "gotta have another cigarette" kinda way)

And to reply to the threadstarter, no one has ever tried to **** me over with mint or oregano. Mint is leafy, oregano is shaky, pot comes in buds. Moreover, pot has a distinctive smell.

Beer loses.

EDIT: +1 to Seef
weed for me cause it seems like beer has more deaths on it's side.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
i would have to say weed, as i dislike beer. i like wine, so maybe i'd say wine > weed.

but your argument is only really valid for you, and other people in your area. weed can be legally smoked and is of good quality in, say, holland. as for many different types of weed, you can say the same about beer, or wine, or anything

just because you know about beer more doesn't make it less confusing to people who don't drink it often. people who smoke a lot of weed probably know a lot about the types and what they like, just as i, who drink a lot of wine, know a lot about wine.

i dunno, weed and alcohol aren't really comparable other than that they both intoxicate. but they produce very different states of intoxication, are ingested differently, etc, so how can you compare them? it's like comparing cheesecake to mashed potatoes.

god i'm hungry.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Beer :

Cheap You call £2.50 a pint cheap???
Not illegal so no worries In some countries it is prohibited
Tastes nice Some do, some don't
Available anywhere Yah, especially Muslim states...

Weed :

So many different types it just gets confusing And there aren't many types of beer???
You can get conned with similair looking things such as mint or oragano(spl?)Never happened to me, or anybody I know, ever.
Quite expensive £10s worth of skunk does me a few nights, now compare that to 4 beers...
You have to watch your back when smoking it Ummm, OK. Only if you're out in public, in which case, the same rules may well apply to beer...
It's illegal in some countries, yes, in others, no.
^ Saphrax has it.

Beer is illegal for me as I'm only 17. I like the taste of beer and weed. Weed is cheaper overall because £20 worth can last a week for me but 1 night out costs more than that with alcohol. I have never been ripped off with something masquerading as weed.

And you will only get caught if you are an idiot about it. But I am happy with both to be perfectly honest.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by Untitled001
Beer is the winner for me.

Learn your limits and alcohol is good.

With weed there is no limit. Win.
Quote by Phobos&Deimos
With weed there is no limit. Win.

I smoked a lot round my friends house and several hours later I was still stoned.. I went home and my parents noticed. Weed is too much of a risk in my opinion.
Quote by Phobos&Deimos
No. Explain and cite sources.

A whitey is when you smoke to much weed, go white (morgue colour) and then vomit everywhere.

I can't cite sources, as there is no direct link between my memories and the rest of the internet. Yet.

I've never done it though! Which is something I'm quite proud of! Many of my mates have though. It's more common when you smoke bongs/billies/shotties/whatever contraption, rather than spliffs.
Quote by saphrax
A whitey is when you smoke to much weed, go white (morgue colour) and then vomit everywhere.

I can't cite sources, as there is no direct link between my memories and the rest of the internet. Yet.

I've never done it though! Which is something I'm quite proud of! Many of my mates have though. It's more common when you smoke bongs/billies/shotties/whatever contraption, rather than spliffs.

Quick question: Where are you from, because I've never heard that term before here in the US.

Yeah, I've vomited before when smoking too much weed, mainly because cigarettes and weed don't get along real well in my system. However it's easier to get sick on alcohol than on weed, in my own experience.
is it me or do everyone who likes weed have alot of text to explain why and people who prefer beer just say: beer ftw.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by professorlamp
ive whiteyd before and it sucks
and im guessin he's from the Uk coz i am and i call it a whitey

Funny, we don't have a word for that. Who knows what Stoned Sober means?
Quote by Henkdemachtige
is it me or do everyone who likes weed have alot of text to explain why and people who prefer beer just say: beer ftw.

Logic often takes a while to explain.
Quote by professorlamp

You can get conned with similair looking things such as mint or oragano(spl?)

if you are that stupid then you deserve to lose your money

anyway neither - i prefer the search bar
Gear Lists are for G*A*Y*S