Call them what you will. My kitchen is riddled with them. I went away for two weeks and on my return I found someone had left a bin-bag filled with rubbish out in the kitchen. They got all up in there and started breeding, now there's HUNDREDS!!!

We need the kitchen clean or we all lose our deposits, but nobody wants to go in there because there's so many and it's horrible.

Any ideas on how to kill them?

I did think of vacuuming them up but then they'd fly out when it's off and we need the henry for other things like hoovering our rooms.

Halp!

(as usual, the more elaborate the better...)
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by Stud_Muffin
flamethrower?

All I have is a lighter and I'd burn my thumb...

But it does work! I'll consider it...
Clean the rubbish and lure them outside with fruit peels, they don't like to be inside anyway if they can help it.
Quote by Dylan_IE
Clean the rubbish and lure them outside with fruit peels, they don't like to be inside anyway if they can help it.

We are 11 stories up. Luring them outside would involve getting them all into the lift at the same time
some kind of insect spray or one of those insect "bombs". A bomb would probably be the best because someone just has to go in there once and set off the thing; then you stay away for a day or something
I was hoping this would be more epic...

In the time I've taken to ask the pit, my flatmate has gone out and done something productive in the form of buying a bug killing spray.

But feel free to continue your epic suggestions....
heres what you do, get a can of(insert flammable spray here) tape ur lighter to it, make a flame, spray from the can, voila instant flamethrower......either that or just get one of those electric bug swatters....gauranteed fun lol
light the bug killing spray on fire. or leave the door open and put trash opoutside so they gravitate towards that, you could simply get rid of them but if yuo want it epic, then blow the bag up with an m-80 and napalm
Well, there's fly traps that you can buy for a cheap price that work pretty well. Either that or just light the thing they're breeding in on fire.
Reason with them? Ask politely, manners go a long way
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Tell them there's little fly sweepstakes downstairs, they've won the privilege of owning 5 trash bags, let alone your one >___>

....if I had a sensible answer I would help ma'am because that sounds diiiisgusting.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by mitythor666
heres what you do, get a can of(insert flammable spray here) tape ur lighter to it, make a flame, spray from the can, voila instant flamethrower......either that or just get one of those electric bug swatters....gauranteed fun lol

electric bug swatter?! I want!!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

They're like electrically charged tennis rackets!
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

lol wen i go back home for hols, theres too many ****in bugs so i got hold of this thing and started running around screaming and waving at bugs with it, its AWESOME!!! the little buggers just fry up lol, although i kinda broke it when i killed a hornet with it lol
get a jug & fill it with a 1/2 a cup of sugar, 1/2 a cup of vinegar and throw a banana peel in there & add water shake it up a bit then put it in that room & presto a bug trap for almost free, i don't know how well that will work for fruit flys i know it works for those bigger flies
LOLOLOLOLOL KILL IT WITH FIRE XDXDXDXD!!!!!!ONEONEONEELEVENTYELEVEN

Or you can get a toothpick and stab each individual one when they land
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
Quote by moodster
Or you can get a toothpick and stab each individual one when they land

Tiny crossbow that fires toothpicks....
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Tiny crossbow that fires toothpicks....

A deadly weapon of miniature proportions!!!!!!
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
They are very fast, as I first discovered when I tried to kill them with fire =/

I'm thinking flamethrower bug killer, although my flat mate did say 'try not to light anything or breathe too much'
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
or breathe too much

So snorting them is not an option?
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Quote by bequickorbedead
Leave an open jar of hunny/jam on the windowsil, they are attracted to it and will stick to it when they land on it, i used to do it to catch bees when i was a kid but only got crappy flies :'(
when i had this problem I killed most of them with a can of axe and a lighter. the ones that where left where killed when i put out a bowl of sugar water (they are attracted to the sugar but they drown in the water)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Flypaper and Raid. Shitloads of both. Get the Clungemuncher who left the bag out to chip in as well.
Last edited by LordBishek at Jun 24, 2008,
Go to the nearest petstore and buy a bunch of tarantulas.

Note: It'll only work if you yell "Release the hounds!"
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when i had this problem I killed most of them with a can of axe and a lighter. the ones that where left where killed when i put out a bowl of sugar water (they are attracted to the sugar but they drown in the water)

I like this idea!....

I'll feel so guilty at the end of it. It's like... families of them!
yeah but remember, only spray the axe (or whatever other aerosol you want to use) for a few seconds at a time, or you risk the can blowing up.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I have never heard of vinegar flies.
On the other hand, with a little genetic manipulation did you know you can make a fruit fly grow legs where it's eyes should be?