hi everyone i just got my new guitar, epiphone les paul silverburst, and i wanted to know which amp would be the best for the different kinds of music that i play. mostly led zeppelin, blink 182, and metallica. i was lookin at an entry level marshall 15 watt or the fender 25R. which one in everyones oppinion is better? thanks
Quote by SkyValley
Girls have boobs. I like boobs.

Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst Custom Edition
Neither.

The Marshall MG series is really quite crap. The high-end Marshalls are great amps, but the MGs are just Marshall trying to sell itself to beginners.

The low-end Fenders are pretty good in my experience, but I think you would be better off with a Vox Valvetronix.
go for the roland cube, you can get great versatility out of this little beast and it belts it out as well!!
the cube 30 is definatly better than the marshall. The other guy is right, MGs are just marshall trying to be bought by beginners. Umm... i dunno about thta fender, i just know that cube 30s are supposed to be the best beginner amp so.....obviously just go with that.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
i had the mg 30 and it sucked sounded different everytime i plugged in i now have a vox and cube love them both cube is better for metal though
ibanez rocks
I those are your only two options, then probably the marshall. Doesn't mean the fender is no good, it just means it's not for your kind of music. I bought a fender tube amp and turned into a more stackish sound with the help of pedals, and pre loaded effects like reverb, and tone knobs. so it's your choice, although there is a new marshal model by some terry guy or something, it's red in color. might want to check it out.
good luck man!
Quote by MetalManiac_86
with technology today, solid state can be just as good. I own a Marshall, Fender, and I've had a Cube and played friends Vox many times

no.....youre probably just defending them because you bought one.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Quote by ..::ALEX::..
I those are your only two options, then probably the marshall. Doesn't mean the fender is no good, it just means it's not for your kind of music. I bought a fender tube amp and turned into a more stackish sound with the help of pedals, and pre loaded effects like reverb, and tone knobs. so it's your choice, although there is a new marshal model by some terry guy or something , it's red in color. might want to check it out.
good luck man!

The Kerry King? no, just no
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by MetalManiac_86
Alright... Personally, the MG's aren't all that bad. You either like em or you hate them. It takes a couple people dissing them and then everyone gets in line and does the same thing. Wow, so what; they don't cost 1+ grand and they aren't valve so they suck? Face it people, with technology today, solid state can be just as good. I own a Marshall, Fender, and I've had a Cube and played friends Vox many times to be completely honest, and for me anyway I like the Marshall tone. I've had it a while now and haven't had any of the problems you hear people talking about, like them breaking down, the fan gettin f'ed up and makin noise, etc.
Its all personal preference... I'd tell you to go to your music store and TRY different amps. Don't go by what people tell you... that doesn't make sense. Peoplel ike different tone. If it sounds good to YOU, why not buy it?

For anyone interested in learning how to pwn themselves. Take note.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I can't say I'm a fan of any of the recent Marshalls like the JVM or JCM2000. The vintage modern series is quite nice though. JCM900 and JCM800 are brilliant.

Marshall's build quality and reliability just doesnt seem as good these days, neither does the tone.
Quote by MetalManiac_86
Wow, so what; they don't cost 1+ grand and they aren't valve so they suck?

thats not whats wrong with them. the real problem is that they sound absolutely awful. The roland cube is solid state and cheap, but it sounds good, so people like it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.