i just recently changed strings on my jackson(floyd rose if that matters) and as soon as started playing i got this horrible buzz even when i plucked an open string. it didnt happen with the stock strings but when i switched to ernie balls it appeared on all the bass strings up to about the 4th fret.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Did you change the gague of strings you use? That might be the problem, if not, your guitar might just do that when you change the strings, leave it a few days, see if it improves.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Make sure the bridge is level to the body. Check jemsite.com on how to properly setup a floating tremolo bridge.
raising the action would help.

or if you changed gauge.

also, it might just be the fact that its what your guitar does with new strings,
no i didnt change the string gauge. it's always been 9s. when its an open string that gets played it sounds like it's coming from the nut but i dont know what the problem could be there.

edit: the bridge is fine. i'm really anal about it being level.

i guess i'll wait a couple days then.
thanks for the advice.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jun 24, 2008,