Page 1 of 4
In my opinion and yes i have been to many concerts punk shows are always the best. I have seen bands like Slipknot, Velvet revolver, Alice in Chains, Children of Bodom, The foo Fighters, and so on and so fourth. I went to see NoFx in febuary and i just saw rancid last week and there is no comparison in the concerts. Both bands were amazing and the enviroment is like no other. What other punk bands have you seen in concert and how was it?
Leftover Crack are very amusing live, so long as you dont expect a serious punk show (though serious there lyrics are) stza is usualy completely out of it.

The unseen always put on a good show anytime i've saw them (5 times so far)

Dropkick Murphys are usualy great live.

Against me! are good if you like a no nonsense, song after song set.

and Mike Park is just amazing live.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
local shows are teh best
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by Manos15
This is the correct answer.

ur one post off buddy
two and a half men.
I've been to a lot of punk gigs and I've put on a lot of punk gigs and you're right, there is no comparison. The atmosphere at punk gigs is just electric. My favourite gig ever was prob either the first time I saw slf or the first time I saw drongos for europe. My favourite gig I've ever put on was probably one of the smaller gigs in stafford which was headclinic, the skeptix and a band called neon maniacs who came over from america. A million things went wrong with that gig but there was a great feeling that we were all in it together and the bands all played brilliantly.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
As some of you know I play in two bands, one punk band and one which makes something between Blues and everything else. Everybody, really everybody likes the non-punk band, and I can play lots of solos etc. show what I can pose and stuff like that, but you cannot compare it to the feeling you get, when you are on stage with H.M.asS (punk), people sing along parts of your texts (though they don´t know them), they have fun to mosh, you can moan about political stuff and society it´s amazing........there´s nothing above PLAYING a punk show
agreed. i love playing punk shows in small spaces where half of the crowd knows your lyrics. its an amazing feeling. as far as going to shows, basement shows, and local shows at the community space are the best.
^You're going to fit in nicely.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The Briefs are such an awesome live band. So are the Dolls, even though they're more like a Dolls cover band.
AAAAAAAND I just saw Joan Jett and the Blackhearts a week or two ago and they were SO GOOD. I was really impressed. I liked them a LOT better live than on the albums.
DOWN&OUT
I'm thinking about starting a pop punk band with songs that everyone can sing along to.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I'm thinking about starting a pop punk band with songs that everyone can sing along to.

Then I'm thinking about moving to Florida and joining you.

If I'm good at anything musically, it's writing Hooks.
Do it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Some of my friends and i are starting a bike punx grindcore band called death by chainring. lulz
I've only been to local punk shows, but I wouldn't want them any other way. All shows should be played where everybody knows each other and the crowd can go up and sing along whenever they want.
Dickless.
The best venue in DC is the Bobby Fisher Memorial. Its a community run space operated by a bunch of people in the local scene. Unfortunately the person they are renting it from just redid the contract and upped their rent so they can't afford it anymore and it is closing at the end of the week. It makes me sad, its such an amazing place. Here are some videos of 86 mentality's last show, played at Bobby Fisher

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yprOeEm2ygU&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZQK9mOc6VCE
Last edited by Zero Substance at Jun 27, 2008,
^I've never been but I've always meant to. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime if a band I like gets a gig there.
DOWN&OUT
It is closing this sunday forever unfortunately. And i think you mentioned something about the RipOuts in another thread, are you a member?
Best show I ever saw was actually a metal band, Turisas, my first metal show after years of only seeing Punk bands hehe... Though seeing as how obscure some of the bands you guys talk about I doubt the bands I like even qualify over here :s

Anyway... Dropkick Murphys kicked ass bad, Pennywise put on a BRILLIANT performance, Millencolin were terribly disapointing, AFI weren't that good, Longbeach shortbus were quite entertaining, The Bouncing Souls and Strung Out were just amazing. I love Punk shows more than metal, or at least what I know of it, better so far though. At least it's singeable... and catchier, easier to remember.
I may be seeing Misery Index in a basement at a house called the corpse fortress this coming wednesday. it is going to be sick.
I do love house shows, where bands are like an inch away from you and you almost get whacked in the face with a bass or guitar neck!
Also, 'folk punk' shows and pop punk shows are really great. Singing along to your favorite song with your friends is always de best.

Quote by Zero Substance
It is closing this sunday forever unfortunately. And i think you mentioned something about the RipOuts in another thread, are you a member?

Yeah I "sing" in the RipOuts. Where are you from in MD?
DOWN&OUT
Woh how cool! What a great coincidence! I'm glad I actually know your band or I'd feel way awkward, haha.
DOWN&OUT
That looks like an awesome show.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

The Ergs have come to Bingo multiple times and I always miss them.

Last time they had a big flyer in my college's food court but I never go in the food court so I by the time I saw it had long since passed.

It was fucking free too.
I hoping the Ergs will play the Fest and I'll be able to go this year. I think that's the only way I'll be able to see them.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I've got a bunch of cool house shows coming up! They're all at my friend Lana's house and she's cool and tough and her house is sweet.

July 5 - A.N.S., Epi-Demic, The Mother****ers

July 12 - Modern Problems, Mind Control, I Die Screaming

July 13 - Punch, Hominid, Cope, Ummm

August 4 - Orphan Choir

August 5 - Endless Blockade, Mudlark, OSK

August 16 - Mind Control, The Ranks

Sept 23 - The Stolen Minks

I'm hoping I can make it to all of them. I'm super excited.

I'm also putting on Let's Dance and The jolts on Tuesday at a community center. I'm excited, especially since I finally fixed all the silly little problems with that show.
Page 1 of 4