Page 1 of 6
Okay, so after looking around a bit, ive come to a conclusion. It seems like a hell of alot of people hate England.
Maybe we have crap weather, high prices for EVERYTHING and maybe alot of people here are stuck up and arrogent, but still, why do people hate us so much? Alot of the reasons ive read are all about slavery etc, but that was ages ago, we can't help our past

Anyway any opinions are welcome i guess, im just curious to find out what people have to say.

Surely everyone can't hate us............right.....?
sleep safe in the knowledge that everyone hates America a little bit more.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
I don't hate England..

I think
A message to all readers: I’m a cynical, satirical, sadistic, heartless, sardonic, mocking, demotivating, derisive, scathing, contemptuous, disdainful, scornful and condescending guy. And I love it.

Quote by Amalgam
I like this guy's thinking.
I KNOW!!!!

At least we're better than france
Epiphone SG G-400
Coloursound Wah
Marshall MG100 DFX
Vemon V10
Custom made acoustic
I love England. A bit of blind patriotism never hurt anyone....Ok, well maybe a few people but who's counting?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
well its like an unwritten rule that we have to hate you
(I'm welsh)
Equipment

GUITARS
Jackson RX10D
Ibanez GAX30
Ninja Strat Copy

AMPS
Laney LX120Twin Extreme
Fender Frontman 15W

Effects
Boss ME-20 Multi Effects Board
The weather sucks, the air quality sucks, there's a bunch of violent assholes running around everywhere and everything is way overpriced. Those are my experiences and I was only there for like a week, I don't hate England but I sure as hell wouldn't want to live there.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I like England and English people in general, some of the best gigs i've bee to have been in England.
I dont like how you cant get Bridies at Greggs in England though, grrr.
All in all though i've always been very welcomed there (minus one incident with a group of chavs in leeds city centre)
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
i love England, its the country i was born in, the country i grew up in, and its going to stay the country i grow up in. its a great little country, despite our ****ty government, high prices, chavs and poor immigration control
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Concrete cities? Rubbish weather? The Queen?

Those are my reasons for disliking England. Still, we're better than France
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I love England but I don't have to pay for much yet, so I'm sure I'll grow to hate it.

This
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by chungalunga
Okay, so after looking around a bit, ive come to a conclusion. It seems like a hell of alot of people hate England.
Maybe we have crap weather, high prices for EVERYTHING and maybe alot of people here are stuck up and arrogent, but still, why do people hate us so much? Alot of the reasons ive read are all about slavery etc, but that was ages ago, we can't help our past

Anyway any opinions are welcome i guess, im just curious to find out what people have to say.

England - Chavs = GREAT! Best place in the word.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I don't hate it or its people although that majority of you are very stuck up and full of yourself. But I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

How could anybody hate the land that gave the world Boy George?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
oh yeah, and English food is really bland, just thought I'd mention that as well.

not like the delights in scotland deep fried mars bars ftw
Engerlannnd is sheite! =)
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by busby_bass
not like the delights in scotland deep fried mars bars ftw

Yeah those are popular here too, although i prefer deep fried snickers personally.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
England is one of the greatest nations on earth, proud to fly the flag for tolerance and multiculturalism.

Home of Chav, teenage pregnancy capital of Europe, boozy children on every street corner...

All a matter of perspectives. But sure as hell I wouldn't like to live anywhere else.
I have a love-hate relationship with England. Despite all of its short-comings, I don't think I could live anywhere else.

Unless of course the BNP or National Front got into power, then I'd be off to the continent straight away.
Quote by chungalunga

I don't hate you guys at all. I hate when English kids/men on xbox live talk **** saying how americans are all fat assholes and that were killing for oil etc... When this happens i bring up the fact that england had done similar or worse for 100s of years and that they have as much control over it as i do over american politics which is none. I also bring up the fact of how we fought together in WW2 to save the world and you guys didnt hate us then you needed us. I love england my grandparents are from there i just hate the whole its cool to hate america attitude. Can't we all just get along for **** sake we're all the same lets not fight because of things that we didnt even personally do.

Everytime i enter a discussion and perplex a young englishman he calls me a fatass and tells me to go eat a hamburger. I weigh 185 and im 6'1 that annoys me.
Last edited by /-\liceNChains at Jun 24, 2008,
You assume all Americans are fat.

Edit - And that you think we are ignorant and stupid assholes.
Last edited by shadesofanger at Jun 24, 2008,
We English like to complain, but we're quick to defend the place if Johnny Foreigner has anything bad to say about it
Quote by /-\liceNChains
I don't hate you guys at all. I hate when English kids/men on xbox live talk **** saying how americans are all fat assholes and that were killing for oil etc... When this happens i bring up the fact that england had done similar or worse for 100s of years and that they have as much control over it as i do over american politics which is none. I also bring up the fact of how we fought together in WW2 to save the world and you guys didnt hate us then you needed us. I love england my grandparents are from there i just hate the whole its cool to hate america attitude. Can't we all just get along for **** sake we're all the same lets not fight because of things that we didnt even personally do.

True.
Although IMO the English language is better then American Language (Y'know, americanised words).

Note the IMO.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by shadesofanger
You assume all Americans are fat.

Cos they are =)
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by samuwel
sleep safe in the knowledge that everyone hates America a little bit more.

Amen to this.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
Quote by x0rsist
Cos they are =)

Yep. And all you N.Irish are either Catholic terrorists or Protestant agitators.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Simsimius
True.
Although IMO the English language is better then American Language (Y'know, americanised words).

Note the IMO.

Meh, it's the same language. Just with little differences.

You're lucky we didn't do more, or you'd really be complaining. We beat you in a ****ing war, we're allowed to pronounce it "Sodder."