i'm looking for a small MFX just to mess around with. and i noticed it had a Pitch Shifter, i never really knew what a Pitch Shifter was. uh.. what is it? lol. can i detune my guitar with this because i can't really detune my guitar all that much.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by akack
What exactly do you want?

well, i want something i can Detune my guitar with, an effect, i know Digitech has it. but i kind of like what the Zoom offers more.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
It's basically a Whammy imitation. It will sound rather digital, but it will change the pitch of the input note by whatever setting you tell it to. Usually between 2 octaves up and down. So you can get a dodgy sounding bass, or earbreaking screechiness.

I use the GT8's many harmony/pitch bend/shift settings to create like... 12 string effects and octaver effects and stuff... as well as for pretending I'm Jack White.
Quote by Cultlife
It's basically a Whammy imitation. It will sound rather digital, but it will change the pitch of the input note by whatever setting you tell it to. Usually between 2 octaves up and down. So you can get a dodgy sounding bass, or earbreaking screechiness.

I use the GT8's many harmony/pitch bend/shift settings to create like... 12 string effects and octaver effects and stuff... as well as for pretending I'm Jack White.

so...
it's not what i'm looking for.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
I would personally not bother with a pitch shifter. It sounds extremely digital and synthesized most of the time, i have a zoom G1..ya i no OLD!.. and unless you get pro quality effects it would sound much better and be much cheaper just to downtune your guitar.
Quote by A7X4life123
I would personally not bother with a pitch shifter. It sounds extremely digital and synthesized most of the time, i have a zoom G1..ya i no OLD!.. and unless you get pro quality effects it would sound much better and be much cheaper just to downtune your guitar.

i can't reallly detune my guitar that much, it's having a hard time a whole step down.
and plus i only want to drop down a fourth to play some Meshuggah songs, so if doesn't sound all that good, it's not going to break my heart.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo