Hey, you know how there are robot les pauls and stuff now?
I haven't seen threads bout em in this forum and since they came out nobody's talking bout it, i thought its gonna be hyped.
is it sooooo good? does it work well and not get destroyed after 2 seconds?
To be honest I don't see a need for them. With some practice you'll be able to tune by ear just fine (unless you need a perfectly tuned guitar, which can be achieved by a regular tuning machine anyway).

It would be kind of cool to have on though, I'm not denying that. But it costs a lot.

Edit: I have never tried one, so I can't say anything about its quality but by looking at the price tag you'd expect it to work.
Theres a review for em on the front page right now
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
No one talks about it because no one on here can afford one, much less find a place that had them in stock. I saw a review for it on Attack of the Show and it received a 96/100 but then again I wouldn't give it that much because it's a Gibson.
there where alot of threads about them... but only when they came out
i think noone is talking about them because the only thing special about them is that the tune themselves.... and you are paying $1000 extra just for that
i personally prefer saving the $1000 and tune my guitar myself haha
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
it's 2700$ some people here have guitars in that price range imo
and cerasti, i'd never learn to tune in 1 second lol, i've been told it tunes the guitar from standard to standard d and all the tunings in like 1 second, so you can change it in the middle of a song.
Quote by deanexplosion99
I haven't seen threads bout em in this forum and since they came out nobody's talking bout it, i thought its gonna be hyped.

There are over 30 threads related to robot:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3072326
Well, they're a bit too expensive to have a guitar tune their selves. The player would get much more experience by tuning it their selves. I'd just go with a Les Paul and tune it myself. xD
Quote by BHC zoley
Theres a review for em on the front page right now

Yeah, but the review sucks because it doesn't even mention the robotic tuning.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by RPGoof
Would you spend that much money just because you don't feel like tuning your guitar? I think not.

would you spend that much money to get rid of the need to change guitars between songs that have different tunings?

maybe.

it's not aimed at the bedroom shredder which is what 90% of UG is. therefore they don't/can't see the point in it and therefore dismiss it as a gimmick.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I'd rather bag me a VG Strat to be honest. It would annoy me something else tuning my guitar.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Waste of cash really, just tune with a tuner or by ear.

MAYBE if you gig and do a lot of songs with different tunings it could be useful, but still too expensive.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
would you spend that much money to get rid of the need to change guitars between songs that have different tunings?

maybe.

it's not aimed at the bedroom shredder which is what 90% of UG is. therefore they don't/can't see the point in it and therefore dismiss it as a gimmick.

Nope, not a chance, sorry. Change guitars ain't all that bad, also let's you get different sounds and lets people see your different guitars. I'd rather have a solid floor tuner and couple of guitars if I needed different tunings.

Just my position.
There has been plenty of discussion about these but I'd probably be a lot more open to the idea if the put the system on a Les Paul Standard rather than a studio.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by TheProducer
Nope, not a chance, sorry. Change guitars ain't all that bad, also let's you get different sounds and lets people see your different guitars. I'd rather have a solid floor tuner and couple of guitars if I needed different tunings.

Just my position.

so 3 guitars (plus backups) and a pedal tuner vs 1 guitar (plus backup) and any tuner?

and you pick the one requiring you to have (at least) 2 more guitars?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
so 3 guitars (plus backups) and a pedal tuner vs 1 guitar (plus backup) and any tuner?

and you pick the one requiring you to have (at least) 2 more guitars?

If I could have all 6 guitars or whatever will be required, then yes I'd prefer that.
The store down the road from me had a Robot back before they came out, it was more of a promo model. They told us to pretty much pretend the guitar wasn't there because a lot of people have tried buying it. They sold it when the guitar came out. I like the paint job, that's about it.
Quote by deanexplosion99

I asked about them last week and some people here were not shy about telling me where to shove it. It seems that if you ask a question they don't consider worthy, you aren't welcome to ask it. The robot is a neat concept, supposing they can make it sound like a Les Paul. I think that model is semi-hollow.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-ROBOT-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=482686
id rather buy a $20 tuner...
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
Quote by deanexplosion99

I've played two and was extremely unimpressed. The first one I grabbed, when I tried to work the tuning knob (the one with all the lights my the tone and volume knobs) it came out right in my hand. I quickly put that one up and grabbed another. In addition to the tone being absolutely HORRIBLE (I've played BC Rich's that sounded better) I simply could not get the thing to go to standard tuning, and it sucks, because you can't tune it manually.

It's an expensive peice of crap.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
There was a very, very extensive review done in Guitar World, or Guitar Player...you kids really should subscribe or look for these magazines....tonnes of info in them...

"This damn generation don't know sh*t because they can't pick up a damn book and read it" ...well apparently there's some truth to that...
Quote by DeanESPJackson
There was a very, very extensive review done in Guitar World, or Guitar Player...you kids really should subscribe or look for these magazines....tonnes of info in them...

"This damn generation don't know sh*t because they can't pick up a damn book and read it" ...well apparently there's some truth to that...

While that is true, those same magazines laud pretty much any product that will sell good, be it a band, a pedal, a guitar or an amp. Guitar Player gave the Marshall MG a platinum award.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
yeah and the MG kicks serious butt!!! whats the problem here, just kidding...Well I actually find, from the reviews that I've actualy read through, are pretty up and up on the pros and cons of the item reviewed. It was discussed quite openly the drawbacks that regular ol guitar players would find in with it. It didn't seem at all biased IMO, but very honest.

Anyways...Gibson Robot guitar = too little for too much that isn't really needed in the first place.
Quote by SG Man Forever
I simply could not get the thing to go to standard tuning, and it sucks, because you can't tune it manually.

BS. Yes you can. You pull out the tuners which is a manual release so you can tune it yourself.
Quote by hollow1928years
BS. Yes you can. You pull out the tuners which is a manual release so you can tune it yourself.

Oooooooooooooooooh.

I didn't know that.

Still, like I said, the tone was awful, and the auto tuning sucked balls.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
While that is true, those same magazines laud pretty much any product that will sell good, be it a band, a pedal, a guitar or an amp. Guitar Player gave the Marshall MG a platinum award.

Actually not just any product that will sell well, any product. I've never seen a review in a magazine that was even somewhat negative. They'll try to add cons to be fair, and the cons for say an amp will be like "Sort of hard to see the controls with the mirrored faceplate" or "This one control on the back is a bit inconvenient". It's ridiculous. They just don't want to piss companies off.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Actually not just any product that will sell well, any product. I've never seen a review in a magazine that was even somewhat negative. They'll try to add cons to be fair, and the cons for say an amp will be like "Sort of hard to see the controls with the mirrored faceplate" or "This one control on the back is a bit inconvenient". It's ridiculous. They just don't want to piss companies off.

Exactly. That's one reason, the other is that if they say a product is good, they can advertise the sh*t out of it in their magazine and get paid for it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I find them disgusting, just like I don´t like the VG fender. It´s a computer and doesn´t have a soul of it´s own, instead it has like 12 fake recreated ones.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club