I had the rp300a multifx but the effects seemed i dont know...fake? I liked the sound of individual stompboxes. Has anyone ever used this? Its pretty new i think.
Slash
Support our troops
That sounds really good.Your profile says that your into gnr. How does it do with disrtorted sounds like in use your illusion?
Slash
Support our troops
I think im going to get one next week. Does this work with other pedals in front or behind it in the fx loop
Slash
Support our troops
Quote by fm212r
I think im going to get one next week. Does this work with other pedals in front or behind it in the fx loop

I would say not so much but have not experimented with other effects pedals. I have a Digitech Bad Monkey OD behind my RP250 and in front of my amp but I use the Bypass mode when using the OD. Used together and you get some pretty freaked out stuff so i can only imagine what would happen with other effects.

JohnnyBleep - that was a pretty convincing demo you found thar on youtube and helps justify my purchase even more.

TS - I also have some clips in profile of the RP but it is the 250 and not the 500 but I think the chip and codec are the same. They were made about a year ago when I wasn't that good (nothings changed really) but will give you a better sense as too good or bad. For example the Flange is not that great but that is prolly one of the hardest effects for a digital modeller to pull off.

TS - I'm not sure why you decided to use fm212r as your user name but i have one too!
Well, they have to leave something out, so you'll buy the RP600 at some point. :-P

Overall, I really like the RP500. The lack of drum machine isn't a big deal, but what's with the lack of power switch? That and not being able to set two or more of the same type of pedals on the same patch are my two immediate things to point out.

I added a flanger clip to my profile. It's short, but gives an idea what the default sounds like.
Quote by fm212r
what two pedals would you want?

Instead of being stuck with:

1. Compressor
2. Distortion
3. Chorus/FX
4. Delay
5. Reverb

It would be nice to be able to do:

1. Distortion
2. Distortion
3. Chorus/FX
4. Chorus/FX
5. Delay

That way you can put an 808 on 1 and a "Rodent" on 2, etc. Currently, you can have one pedal of each of the five types on a single patch, which is a little limiting, but still more versatile than the previous RP models.