Night-Shifts

Last night (well..this morning) i did my first ever nightshift in a factory thats 10 minutes drive from my house (they make seats and airbags for BMWs and Land Rovers)
My job is getting stuff from a warehouse and putting them next to the assembly line. Woo.

It's a very easy but exhausting job, with 10 hours of on your feet, carrying around heavy pallets of industrial car parts, with only 2 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch i was exhausted and dead on my feet by 4am (it's 8.30pm till 6.30am).

I hadnt slept for 25 hours and then got about 8 hours sleep when i got home from work and got up an hour ago...

So Pit...I need to know..

How do I survive the Nightshifts?

I drink alot of coffee, but it dosn't last long at all.
And...
I'm still tired now.

Any tips? Anyone done nightshifts in a factory before?
Thanks in advance.
Should have slept during the day.

EDIT: In all seriousness, drink coffee and coke.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
ive been told crack can help keep you awake
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
to ButtholeZombie:
It's £6.50 an hour. If i choose to renew my 5-week contract i could be on £7.10 an hour.
I've been doing that for three years now, except I don't get the two 15 minute breaks. Just sleep during the day. Then it becomes easy. You can handle the time on your feet. Just get decent boots. Possibly gel inserts.

Just man up.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by ButtholeZombie
You must get a good pay right? I've always wondered about night shifts.

Yeah night shifts usally give out pretty good pay.
I'd love to get a nightshift, but it'd just clash with my band, so it's a no go

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Definitely don't drink coffee or coke. The caffeine will mess up your internal clock. Just try to sleep during the day. If you can't fall asleep, your body will slowly adjust and you'll be good in a week.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Suck it up and keep on trukin dude. The more active you are and the more water you drink will help. I've done night work before and it's tough to get used to at first. Once you get in a groove you'll love the night shift.
You're body's just not used to the changes yet. Eventually you be able to do them no problem. Until then, caffeine.
Quote by Simsimius
Should have slept during the day.

EDIT: In all seriousness, drink coffee and do coke.

Fixed.

That'll keep you up all night.
if you wanna stay awake take meth.
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
Rhode Island
It is neither a Road, nor an Island. Discuss