i just watched a youtube vid, and yes, it did sound like shit, but i hear people saying they hate them for other reasons. why do people hate them so much?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
I just dont like the sound of them.

(and by the way, GRUNDY ISNT DEAD!)

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
well, yeah, i know(about grundy) but i haven't gotten around to changing my avatar yet....
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
I've played one, and they're bad, but not completly bollocks. It's an amp, and amplifies the guitar, like they do, so if it didn't do that, then it would be bollocks.

But people jump on the bandwagon aswell, just to act cool.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Because they sound bad and the cabinet seemed like it was made out of cardboard.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have one and they dont sound very good (especially the 15W). Terrible starter amps, my brother has a 75w one, which sounds better but still doesnt hold a candle to a marshall or a peavey. The distortion on these amps just doesnt sound right to me, I dont know why.
nothing wrong with line6 products.

it's just the line6 spider amps. They're not good and even for the price there are better options.

it's a solid little practice amp but that's all it's good for. The half stacks are pointless and you can't lgically justify paying that much money for one.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I have a 15w and I'm happy with it, the only thing that bugs me is when you change channel on it, the volume peaks, meaning u have to fiddle with the channel volume control.
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Because there are better sounding amps out there for the money; they don't sound too horrific but they're over priced and really shouldn't come in any size bigger than about 15w, they're practice amps only, not gigging amps.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Midnight Murk
I think people do it since "everyone else" does it. After all, it is an amplifier. Its purpose is to amplify the guitar. I don't think having "good" gear is important. As long as you're making music and putting your soul in the music, it shouldn't matter what gear you have.

my soul dosen't sound digital and steril
People don't like them because they're associated with beginner-ness. They're a fine beginner amp, but they're nothing special. Some people who have them, or have had them, see them as noob-ish, so they insult them to distance themselves from them.

They're fine starter amps, but not meant for anything else. People are all at different stages in their playing, and some people want to think they're better than where they're at, so they insult them to dissociate them with that amp, and that stage in your growth in the guitar.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Since when do line 6 amps suck I can almost guarantee that anyone who thinks they suck have never played them. I know all you Marshall homos are gonna rag on me because its not "loud" or "distorted" enough. too bad thats all a Marshall can do and ever will do. Big ****ing Deal you don't have to buy 6 pedals to get all the effects of a line 6 spider III amp. Since when do people like spending extra money? That is beyond me. Only idiots believe in conformity and the outright stupidity of the saying " If its really expensive it must be good" Ha ha nice logic the world's oldest computer ENAC is priceless but its an absolute piece of junk compared to computers today. Just because its "vintage" and very expensive doesn't make it good
Quote by 666-JoE-666
I have a 15w and I'm happy with it, the only thing that bugs me is when you change channel on it, the volume peaks, meaning u have to fiddle with the channel volume control.

Its just the presets.Change the volume and effects to what u want and hold the channel button.It should save the new presets instead. And no,i dont have a line 6 spider,i just happen to know that.
And back to the topic...Yeah its a practise amp,nothing more. Not a great tone,but its not really that bad either.
dude i love the amps man ut heres the thing its like a coin toss to if they are good cause ya i've played some pretty ****ty ones but have also played some damn good ones plus the valve line 6s are just as good sounding as alot of amps Pricey couse of the tech but sill good sounding
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by Midnight Murk
I think people do it since "everyone else" does it. After all, it is an amplifier. Its purpose is to amplify the guitar. I don't think having "good" gear is important. As long as you're making music and putting your soul in the music, it shouldn't matter what gear you have.

+1
Quote by Midnight Murk

easy for you to say....

*points at midnight's sig*
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by blair30
Your sig says in memory of grundy.

Thats what i was talking about

And Spider amps are good for complete beginners, because it gives you alot to choose from, but as being a beginner, you cant really notice the lack of sound quality, once you do, its probably best to move up.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
no one has given my dave mustaine using line 6 amp youtube link a look yet?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I1U-Go1cPxA
i had the wrong link for a sec...but now fixed
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Last edited by bi-ah! at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by bi-ah!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XBnZ2klCd8E&feature=related

1 - It's not a spider, the thread title specifically mentions the spider amps.

2 - IMHO the tone he gets from that still isn't as good as it was in the old days when he was using tube gear.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by bi-ah!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I1U-Go1cPxA
fixed

I'm watching it now.

he annoys me and I've never liked his tones.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Midnight Murk
Believe what you want. I was just voicing my opinion, as you are, too.

I'd much rather be stuck with great playing and bad tone/gear than be stuck with bad playing and great tone/gear.

says the the one bragging about owning a gibson

and what's wrong with having good tone? a good tube amp costs around the same as a crappy line 6 amp (my classic 30 costs almost the same as a new line 6 spider half stack and used costs much less)
Quote by Midnight Murk

actually, amplifiers make up 90% or more of your tone, it doesn't just make it louder. IMO, spiders are fine, if a little thin and sterile sounding, until you turn up the volume, when they start to really sound just.. well i can't describe it because its so bad. it just doesn't project nicely, it loses clarity, and comes out as noise, as opposed to tone. It won't matter how much soul you put into it, it just completely craps out. This is why people resent the 30+ watt versions. The micro spider, and the 15 watter, are fine for what they are - cheap, low quality modellers that do the job for practice.

Also TS, i keep having to repeat myself on this issue. This is why i hate line 6 spiders.. there are so many of these threads all the time. EDIT: In fact, its not spiders i hate, its these threads.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by Midnight Murk
There's nothing wrong with good tone, but I'd much rather listen to an artist with great playing and bad tone than mediocre playing and great tone.

I also have a Classic 30.

Well you got me there, i'd much rather listen to pantera (i hate his tone) than fall out boy (they have great tone)

and the classic 30 rules