I have many riffs that go so well with each other in a song but I don't know hoe to put them togather. I think about it in my head and nothing seems to work. Any tips on how to do this?
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Last edited by phip at Jun 24, 2008,
This is hard for someone to give advice on without hearing the riffs/knowing what kind of genre/knowing what you're trying to go for/etc. Just try and arrange them by feel... Play the riffs in different orders and see which one flows the best. That's basically all I can say. Or, simply just put them down at random and see what you come up with.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
make sure they are in the same key eh?
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
^ no offence but Duh

They are Classic Rock/ Hard Rock Riffs. some power Chords and some picking if that helps at all.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
It could go either way... generally in classic rock a song starts out with picking and then the verse/chorus are made up of chords (or picking+chords). It just depends.
Portugal. The Man »–
+1 for what Jason said. I personally think that putting the similar riffs together (rythm 1 and then rythm 2) make a cool progressing track, and then having a second guitar play the picking riffs over them tends to add a lot of depth for the song. But, it all depends on what kind of sound you want. (PS: BAD MONKEYS FTW!)
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Hear what you want your song to be before you try to play it.

Come up with a basic riff and then, in your head, hear the transitions and the rest of the song. Then try to play what you heard.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords