Okay here's the scoop. About 5-6 months ago I bought a 15 watt Line 6 Spider III
Amp
, yes because I thought the distortion was nice back then and everything,
I kiind of regret buying it but its still a nice amp for practice, but thats beside the point.
I'm REALLY interested in this Digitech Metal Master pedal that I've heard many times,
it sounds amazing, and I am hoping to buy it real soon.
The thing is, on the Line 6 website and on the manual for the amps it says only
30 watt + have 'compatible pedals'. I'm wondering if plugging in this "Digitech Metal
Master Heavy Metal Distortion"
pedal will work with the amp.
I honestly don't see why not, but I'd rather not waste $90 to learn that it doesn't
work because Line 6 sucks.

Also, has anybody else tried (or own) the pedal I'm interested in, that has any
info on the sound, if its worth it, etc. ?

Thanks.

Edit: I know spider amps aren't that great, and are highly bashed upon
at UG, but lets try to make this thread clean of spider hating haha.
The Digitech is actually a sub par pedal, and would sound bad through the spider.
If you really want to get some metal disto going on, get a Metal Muff.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well modelling amps don't normally take too kindly to seperate pedals. See if you can go to a GC and try it out and see if you like it.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Okay here's the scoop. About 5-6 months ago I bought a 15 watt Line 6 Spider III
Amp
, yes because I thought the distortion was nice back then and everything,
I kiind of regret buying it but its still a nice amp for practice, but thats beside the point.
I'm REALLY interested in this Digitech Metal Master pedal that I've heard many times,
it sounds amazing, and I am hoping to buy it real soon.
The thing is, on the Line 6 website and on the manual for the amps it says only
30 watt + have 'compatible pedals'. I'm wondering if plugging in this "Digitech Metal
Master Heavy Metal Distortion"
pedal will work with the amp.
I honestly don't see why not, but I'd rather not waste $90 to learn that it doesn't
work because Line 6 sucks.

Also, has anybody else tried (or own) the pedal I'm interested in, that has any
info on the sound, if its worth it, etc. ?

Thanks.

Edit: I know spider amps aren't that great, and are highly bashed upon
at UG, but lets try to make this thread clean of spider hating haha.

When it says compatible pedals, I believe you will find it is talking about the foot switch which lets you change amp channels. There is no reason why the stomp box won't work through the amp.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
Even If I just left the amp settings on the cleanest possible, then connected the
pedal it'd still sound crappy?

On youtube some kid has this pedal connected to a 30 (or 75) watt amp of the same
brand and it sounds amazing.
Dude, i've got the same pedal, and my friend brought his spider over the other day, as long as you have the amp on clean it works fine
Quote by Toxicity3431
Dude, i've got the same pedal, and my friend brought his spider over the other day, as long as you have the amp on clean it works fine

Does it sound significantly better than the insane settings you can get out of the amp?