alrite well i need to get a new speaker in my Vox AD30VT as it's been blown for almost a year now.

is it as simple as unscrewing the screws, taking off the wires that are soldered (i think they are) onto the end terminals and just popping the other one right in place?

thanks!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Yes, it is. As long as it only has one speaker. And the ohmage has to be the same, but I guess you knew that.
you should go with a tone tubby, there awesome

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by slash_rocks2005
alrite well i need to get a new speaker in my Vox AD30VT as it's been blown for almost a year now.

is it as simple as unscrewing the screws, taking off the wires that are soldered (i think they are) onto the end terminals and just popping the other one right in place?

thanks!

They are probably not soldered. The speaker end of the wires should be just plugs that seat onto a tab.
^ah ok, either way it's a simple one minute job for me.

a tone tubby might sound nice, but this is just a practice amp LOL i'll save the nice upgrades for my randall for now on now that my blackheart has upgraded tubes. i'm just gonna get a cheap speaker of the same values so that it makes sound on it's own again lol. thanx guys for the quick replies!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I have to ask: what is a tone tubby?

Quote by gtr_101
you should go with a tone tubby, there awesome
got it! Never heard of them...thanks ACDC

Quote by acdcrocks0323
^A brand/kind of speaker.
i'm having these volume cut issues. i'll play it for like a lil more than an hour straight and all of a sudden the LED light fades out along with the volume, like it got unplugged or something. Then i'll turn it back on after a minute of letting it sit and it'll fade out again after a minute. Let it sit longer and it'll last just a lil longer before fading out again.

I thought it was faulty power tube and changed it with a nice JJ. Did it again at praise and worship practice. So i sent it into the shop Saturday and they're gonna test it to see what's wrong.

Tube amps like to go bad on me for some reason....
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Sounds like on "smokin' speaker ... I got to check them out.

Quote by aberrant
Tone Tubby uses hemp cones btw....they're awesome....
It's probably not worth it to put a tone tubby in a practice amp.
Go for something simple and cheap like a Weber Signature.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
oh well about the amp, they still haven't tested it i'm assuming. go figure. take their dang time why don't they. so until they tell me what's wrong i won't know for sure if it's covered under warranty. Amp wise....well.....i have my long lasting 10 watt ibanez toneblaster!!! chea boiii!

once i have the speaker swapped in the vox i'll have my most fun practice amp lol. Fun wise it's the best, tonewise the blackheart is the best. it's hard to not love all those amp and effect models!! especially when they sound great
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i'm having these volume cut issues. i'll play it for like a lil more than an hour straight and all of a sudden the LED light fades out along with the volume, like it got unplugged or something. Then i'll turn it back on after a minute of letting it sit and it'll fade out again after a minute. Let it sit longer and it'll last just a lil longer before fading out again.

I thought it was faulty power tube and changed it with a nice JJ. Did it again at praise and worship practice. So i sent it into the shop Saturday and they're gonna test it to see what's wrong.

Tube amps like to go bad on me for some reason....

Sorry to hear that. Sounds good in your profile tho
thanks, the tone is awesome, the volume cutting out is NOT lol....

i think i have bad karma for amps or somethin....first my vox's speaker blew randomly one night when playing through the PA, then my randall exploded in one of the most righteous jam sessions ever and now this!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH