So I was just looking through some strats online and I wanna get one in the next 6-12 months. I know the American strat is better but my question is whether it is worth the extra cash or should I just go with a Mexi and a peavey classic 30 (I have an AVT at the moment)?
Don't ever, EVER buy a Mexi standard. They suck balls. Why? Mexican made products are ****. Get the American Strat.
It's not better enough to justify not havig a decent amp to play it through. Get the Mexi and the Peavey. I have a Mexi and it's great.
im sure the american standard and the mex are pretty much the same **** , its more about pride than anything else , obviously the american is going to be better quality and have a much better re-sell value , but to say the least i do love me american strat mmm
I just went through the same quandry. I wound up ordering an American Standard HSS Strat and a Fender Vibrochamp amp, which is a 5 watt class-A tube combo amp with built in modeling effects. For $250, it seems like a great value and I'm hoping it will be a satisfactory mate to the Strat for playing in the house at reasonable volumes.
Mexican Stratocasters are Fine.. Dont Listen to that 2nd Post.. your running a Marshall MG.... uh yeah I'd save for the Mexican Stratocaster and Peavey Classic.. an American Strat ran though a Marshall MG isn't gonna be the funniest..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
It's not a mg its an avt. Thanks for the advice guys. It all depends if I get a job really. If I'm working during the school year then I'd probably be able to get an american strat and the amp but I'll see how it goes anyway.
Quote by Metallist65
Don't ever, EVER buy a Mexi standard. They suck balls. Why? Mexican made products are ****. Get the American Strat.

Not true.

My Mexican Strat is great. It feels and plays nice and sounds superb. My Taylor Big Baby was made in Mexico and it is a great guitar.

And while we're at it, Metallist65, I've just checked your profie and your gear doesn't exactly set the heather alight now does it?