I found a really nice chord, it goes 005070 (E A G G F# E), what chord is this?
Thanks
Um, I think it would be Eadd9. Definitely not a B, I know that much...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by hairypineapple
some kinda B

Doesn't even have a ****in B note in it, moron.

Cuz its root is E, its 4th is A, its 3rd G, and its 2nd F#. That makes it Em9/11(No7). And no, there is no ****in B note, hairypineapple. ****in read the posts!
If you do this chord in Guitar Pro, it says:

F#m9- (no5)
A7add13 (no3)
Em11 (no5no7)
powertab say: F#min7-9/E

but i dont know for sure.
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Oh my.. it's the fabled Z chord.. never has someone tried it outside of the Council of String Masters.. I must alert the defenders of the Rosewood, there is a leak in the Elders Chambers..
Quote by Metallist65
Doesn't even have a ****in B note in it, moron.

LMAO!!!
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
It's definetly not B or Eadd9 as said above.

Emin6/9? I have no clue. You could ask in the chord sticky in MT.

edit: haha, A isn't the 6, it's the 11. In that case it's Emin11
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by Poglia
If you do this chord in Guitar Pro, it says:

F#m9- (no5)
A7add13 (no3)
Em11 (no5no7)

Like that makes sense. GP ain't smart nough to even figure out the root is E, rulin out the F#m9 and the A7add13. Also, most people and programs forget that if a 2nd is present, it doesn't make it an add9. An add9 chord is completely different. The real name for such chords is (dependin on whether a 3rd is present or not and flat or not) maj9(No7), min9(No7), or sus2. An add9 chord is a Jazz chord that is very dissonant, not a chord with a 2nd added.
Quote by cmonaco
Oh my.. it's the fabled Z chord.. never has someone tried it outside of the Council of String Masters.. I must alert the defenders of the Rosewood, there is a leak in the Elders Chambers..

You officially annoy me.
Quote by Metallist65
Like that makes sense. GP ain't smart nough to even figure out the root is E, rulin out the F#m9 and the A7add13. Also, most people and programs forget that if a 2nd is present, it doesn't make it an add9. An add9 chord is completely different. The real name for such chords is (dependin on whether a 3rd is present or not and flat or not) maj9(No7), min9(No7), or sus2. An add9 chord is a Jazz chord that is very dissonant, not a chord with a 2nd added.

You have heard of slash chords and chord inversions, yes?

Again, it's Emin11 (it has to be). It has a root of E, the intervals match up, you don't have to have the 5 or 7 (even though i'm pretty sure you should keep the 7 because it's flattened), so it makes sense.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by -Blue-
My chord finder says it's "Em sus4 add9 (no5)"

A suspended chord means there isn't a 3 and it's replaced by a 2 or 4. In this case the b3 (G) is present.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Metallist65

...just cuz it has other notes in it ohter than root and 5th doesnt mean its a jazz chord buddy boy. and just because the e is the bass note doesnt mean its an e chord.
your music theory fails. end of story.